X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • locomk
    • Dec 2005

SILICON IMAGE or FAROUDJA?

I currently have a Denon dvd2200 that uses that silicon image 504 Pure progressive chip. when i bought this player in 2003/2004, the better denons were using this chip as opposed to faroudja, which i saw in everything else. I'm still happy with the performance of this player as far a sq and pq. I was thinking about getting the denon dvd-1920 with HDMI video up conversion, but don't know if it would be any better.

Just looking to get peoples opinions.
  • comeup
    • Jul 2005

I now have a Denon 3910 that uses Faroudja and the picture is great other than macro blocks that pop up from time to time. This problem was suppose to be fixed, but instead it was a big improvement I only occasionally see them. If the 2800 MK II had the upconversion HD, HDMI and DVI I would have kept it because I like the Silcon 504 chip much better than the Faroudja it has no glitches in its picture I don't know why Denon switched to Faroudja.
    Blake

Comment

• locomk
      • Dec 2005

probably cheaper or better known for marketing purposes. what i liked about the chipset in my player is the fact that it has a 64mb of sdram and oversamples before it outputs the image.

Comment

• comeup
        • Jul 2005

quote..... but don't know if it would be any better.

Don't forget about the 30 day return policy play around a bit, also check out the Pioneer Elite I love the way they sound and they have a awsome picture :W
        Blake

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"