X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinny
    • Mar 2006

Ipod HiFi on HomeTheater mag

Couldn't find the old post of the announcement so made a new thread. Just recieved the HTmag for June and there's review for the new Apple's Hifi for Ipod.
    The writer seems to be filled with the mind of quantity of output and music that's available in his environment but not what is expected. The review might work in some teens' magazines but not on something like HTmag.

After I read the review, I would rather spend the money on Klispch's iFi than the $350 Apple's Ipod hi-fi(actually $50 less, iFi can be bought around $300 on the internet). :B

My 2cents
    Pioneer KRP-500M
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Parasound 5125
    Oppo BDP-83
    Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
    SVS PB-10NSD
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Picked up the iFi from Amazon for a bit over $300 for use with my wife's Mac and iPod minis. It actually sounds relatively decent. To my surprise, the sub was pretty understated, yet capable. All in all, this is a pretty well constructed and decently performing rig. Speakers weigh several pounds each, and the sub is like 30+ lbs.

I am sure you could beat its audio performance for the money with some combination of normal audio components, but with the little RF remote and its dual use as an iPod dock AND computer speakers, it really fit well into my wife's system.

One note on the remote, worked well with line of sight to the base to about 30 feet away, but going around the corner of one wall blocked it, so don't plan heavily on room to room control. If anyone's interested in further details, pipe up. I may take several days to respond though, I am not online too much lately.

BB

Comment

• Brandon B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2001

Another interesting contender, a pair of powered speakers that seem to have decent specs, and have the pretty cool feature of being designed to work with an Airport Express jacked into the back of them in addition to iPod connectivity. Be useful for a move-around-the-house mobile setup that you can stream audio to.

This guy seems to like them.

BB

Comment

• KeithM
        • Oct 2005

they look better than PE's new DIY design at least.
        the ipod my sister gave me is hooked up to the real hifi stereo in the basement. I haven't taken it out since.

Comment

• Brandon B
          Super Senior Member
          • Jun 2001

BTW, Costco has the Klipsh iFi for $200, $150 with at-the-register rebate with coupon this week. This is a damn good deal either way.

BB

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"