X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goe2112
    • Feb 2005

confused on the v of a/v rx's

What are the benifits of the video portion of an a/v rx? Currently I have TV cable ( soon to be digital cable, cablecom in Switzerland ) and a DVD player. Why would I run the video signal through the rx and not directly into the tv. I'm planning on upgrading my old a/v rx within the next year and a new tv whenever my current tv goes out ( perhaps 5 yrs, it's 10 yrs old ), so I'm wondering if I should take into consideration the video portion of the a/v rx. I don't forsee anything other than TV cable and a DVD player as my video sources. My use of the a/v rx is primarily for HT audio, but I'm concerned before I purchase an a/v rx that I should be aware of the benifits of the video portion of the rx.
    I appreciate you time in replying.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Lots of people have a LOT more sources than that. A cable/sat box, a VCR, DVD player, OTA tuner, XBOX and/or PS2 etc... For them, they need the additional inputs an rx offers. A lot of them also upsample everything to component (and soon HDMI) allowing you to simply run one cable to your display. That's especially helpfull for people with projectors. Those would be a few of the reasons

Myself, I'm with you, I barely have use for the video section of my pre/pro. If I had my way (and win the lotto) I'll be buying an audio-only pre/pro with a seperate video scaler/switcher :T
    Jason

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"