• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • i_amadeo
    • May 2005

My JBL TI6K'S (VADERS)

IT IS THURSADY AND THEY HAVE ARIVED

MY TI6KS (5000$ pair)

its oficial ... no words can describe them ....i couldnt wait to get them out of the box....and when i did and saw there shiny finish i could not believe that they are realy mine ... stylish looks ....my room sucks in camparison ..i am sure if i built my self a dedicated home theater lounge ...these will realy shine ...

if you saw there pics the speakers have no rear speaker binding posts ( they are placed on the bottom of the speakers) wich were a real chalange to get the speaker wire sitting comfortably under them ...but once i finished ...tightened the screws on one of the tri amp binding posts.... i opened my rotel amps
    and placed my music cd collection ...and Oh my GOd ..do they sing ...i alwayse woundered what it would be like when i read some reviews on high end speakers...and the critics say they listened to there whole cd collection because the sound was so different ...they heard things that where not there on their previos speakers .....and that is exactly what i am doing know ...

to describe the sound i'll close my eyes and say they are rich, clear , full, strong and i hope youl understand when i say they are sweat as a strawbery

taste a strawbery now imagine the sound....get it ...that is the best i can describe it ....

one question though i placed rubber instead of the needle shaped things that go under the speakers ...wich is better

THESE ARE THE PICS I PROMISED ihave despersed them through this tread

arty:

bare with me i am using my mobile camera ....the camera is below 1 mega
    Attached Files
    Last edited by i_amadeo; 29 May 2005, 17:01 Sunday. Reason: pics
    come into the light
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

JBL does have some good stuff that is for sure. Hope you enjoy them.
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• ekkoville
      • Aug 2004

I have a small set of JBL bookshelves and they are great for their price point, which is $200. But since they are marketed in mainly big box stores here in the states, what they offer in most of those store isn't considered high end stuff. The models you are talking about most certainly are, and would probably be well received if available.

Comment

• thyname
        • Jan 2005

I had JBL northridge series E60 floorstanding, before I purchase my Axioms. As my first serious stereo system, I was quite happy until I decided to get something different to complement my Rotel equipment. Then I auditioned quite a few speakers and chose Axiom, not because the best, but because had the best match of quality I was looking with price. JBLs are quite good, but Axioms better. Bass is tighter, and highs more realistic. I also felt (after I heard other speakers though) that JBL added a little color to the sound (I may have been wrong though). My Axioms can also handle a more powerfull power amp. I am currently using Rotel Rb-1080 (2X200 watts) with them.

And yes Erik, they are traded in BestBuy here in the states, that makes them a little unwanted for people who want to spend serious money on audio. I have also heard that JBL are the favorite brand for concert halls too.

Comment

• i_amadeo
          • May 2005

the best manufacturer of speakers .....and i havent seen many people that include these speakers in there system...i was wondering why? people say get KLIPSCH ...others say get B&W ...and some even advised me to get AXIOMS ...people give a listen (and a look) to JBL ..jbl is short for James Bullough Lansing the force of sound in theaters (speakers) in the 1920 ...before all movies were silent movies .

Any way since way back when i am a dedicated JBL user ,and in a few days ..on thursday i will receive my 5000$ jbl ti6k i will use them as mains until i have gathered 8000$ and then i will buy the ti10k and place the ti6k as rears and that hopfully will be in october of this year ....one hell of a system ..wouldent you say i cant wait

..its funny how life is and i thank God for his blessings ...3 years ago i saw this pic in some hometheater mag it was a room with 5 jbl ti10k speakers and each speaker had a dedicated amp near it was beutiful and i dreamed of having a system as close to that ...soon i will (not the 5 amps -too complicated in my room and too expensive) just the speakers wich will total 16 ,000 $ (without the 600 watt sub that alone costs 2000 )the sub man that is somthing else its cabinet is huge with a 15" driver i remember in the dealers showroom the dealer did not say hear this he said feel this and boy did i feel it hel demoed LOTR i was sitting 10 feet from the sub and i felt each blast wave hitting me head on ( it was an experiance ) and just think i was thinking of buying axioms ...not that any thing is wrong with them but i love jbls.the tiks mid driver is the same titanium driver used in the revel speakers (both are harmon kordon)..

.i cant sleeep this is very tiring i find myself scribling at work on my table the name ...i day dream about the setup and how it will look in my room 5 collasol speakers towering me ...sing to me .....when i try too sleep i see them in my head and smile ....talk about passion
          Last edited by i_amadeo; 29 May 2005, 17:20 Sunday. Reason: NEW POSTS
          come into the light

Comment

• i_amadeo
            • May 2005

thyname 75 % of all cinimas in the warld use jbl speakers check your cinima and you may see jbls.aspecialy the latest cinimas built in the last 20 years ..... all 3 woodstock were held with jbls and many other halls .....
            Attached Files
            Last edited by i_amadeo; 26 May 2005, 16:55 Thursday.
            come into the light

Comment

• thyname
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by i_amadeo
              thyname 75 % of all cinimas in the warld use jbl speakers check your cinima and you may see jbls.aspecialy the latest cinimas built in the last 20 years ..... all 3 woodstock were held with jbls and many other halls .....
              I am not quite sure where you found this statistic, but I do believe that many movie theaters do have JBLs. However, JBL is by far not the leading brand in home theaters, and probably much less in home stereos.

Comment

• i_amadeo
                • May 2005

but they are and i got the stats from research...... and its tru you are correct jbl is not the leading brand in home theaters and in home stereos .....(my question was why isnt it )id probably say its lack of advertisment i think you open any magazine .....the biggest ads and most belong to
                1- bose speakers
                2- B & W speakers
                3- klipsch speakers
                4- definitive tech
                5- paradigim
                the rest very minimul to none
                come into the light

Comment

• Glen B
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jul 2004

The JBL range of professional speakers are great products, but as far as speakers for home audio go, with the exception of the 250ti in the 1990s and the current ti6k and ti10k, the company has not aggressively targeted the high-end community with suitable products. I recall that JBL made a half-hearted attempt in the mid-'90s to introduce a line of high-end speakers (I don't remember the model designation now - not the "L" series). The top model was reviewed by Stereophile. The performance was not exceptional. IMO, the fault lies with the manufacturer, not us.

250ti:

Comment

• Snap
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2005

oh I beg to differ......infinity(Lots of people are buying Infinity and using them for HT use) Kind of like buying a GMC or a Chevy. Same truck different price tag. (For the Most Part! Don't want to start a Chevy vs GMC war! ) JBL and Infinity are owned by the Harman consumer group. There are lots of theater's that use JBL speakers. EV is starting to chomp into the market with their own line of THX certified speakers.

I would still debate on the regular JBL/Infinity line as being super cool speakers. But then again it is all in the ears that are hearing them.

As far as the theater's in Havelock......Optima Baby! Yeah no joke... Optima with Galvanized "L" brackets that are screwed into the sides and then into the walls! What a great set up!

That is why I watch movies at Home!

Thank God for Denon and Phase Tech! oh yeah and Sony 8)
                    Last edited by Snap; 24 May 2005, 13:36 Tuesday. Reason: Clear some thing up

Comment

• Snap
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Feb 2005

The beg to differ is not with you glen.

Comment

• Snap
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Glen B
                        The JBL range of professional speakers are great products, but as far as speakers for home audio go, with the exception of the 250ti in the 1990s and the current ti6k and ti10k, the company has not aggressively targeted the high-end community with suitable products. I recall that JBL made a half-hearted attempt in the mid-'90s to introduce a line of high-end speakers (I don't remember the model designation now - not the "L" series). The top model was reviewed by Stereophile. The performance was not exceptional. IMO, the fault lies with the manufacturer, not us.

250ti:

:agree: I Just like my below post said. I would not say that they are worth it. There are probably some High end stuff that sounds good. But probably not worth the price. Dig the Pro Stuff though. Great Loud Speakers. :T

Comment

• i_amadeo
                          • May 2005

those are nice speakers glen b.your attached speaker is jbl 250 ti..if i could show you these...i think thay are difinitly targated for the high end users ,,,
                          Attached Files
                          come into the light

Comment

• i_amadeo
                            • May 2005

the 4th attachment is not 4 proffesional use it is a dedicated home cinima jbl sythesis system it doesnt get better than this ...and i am sure you all love one speaker brand over another and i respect that.... but 4 me it has to be JBL
                            come into the light

Comment

• audioqueso
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Nov 2004

JBL is the largest speaker manufacturer in the world. They are also the largest provider for the US movie theaters. I like JBL, they're 'fun' speakers, but as far as SQ goes, that's another story. Now their older line from the 70s... those things are awesome. They're freakin' huge too! I just noticed you happen to find a picture of them. If you ever get a chance to listen to them, DO IT!
                              B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Glen B
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by i_amadeo
                                those are nice speakers glen b.your attached speaker is jbl 250 ti..if i could show you these...i think thay are difinitly targated for the high end users ,,,
                                One of the problems with JBL as Ekkoville indicated above, is the stores here in the United States that carry their home audio products -- the big box/mass market electronics stores. These places lack the proper equipment and environment to properly evaluate high-end speakers. They don't offer home auditioning. Likewise, their return policies, after-sales service and support is not on par with that of your average high-end dealer. The stores in my area listed by JBL as dealers are not places I would look to buy a pair of costly, high performance speakers from. That places JBL speakers off the list for serious consideration.

Comment

• i_amadeo
                                  • May 2005

wow i think the guys in jbl should realy look into this ..your right maybe they have to work harder there marketing sales and advertsting departments need a fresh start they should hire people from bose
                                  come into the light

Comment

• ekkoville
                                    • Aug 2004

It would seem to me that the Synthesis Series is more than adequite for HT but is to difficult to find. My nearest dealer on it is in NJ, 5-6 hours away. That is not how to audition a speaker system, have someone travel a great distance just so I can tell her "I think I will keep looking. Thanks for coming." Like said above, they just don't market the good stuff very easily.

Comment

• i_amadeo
                                      • May 2005

man i am telling you if the only problem for me was a great distance and al long time to get to the jbl synthesis ...that for me is not a problem i would travel great distances as would you, i am sure, to hear to get the best sound from any dealer..were ever it may be ...i think the real problem would be its price....those are cinima .......

jbl sythesis systems are designed by the worlds first THX approved professional cinima speakers

the left and right front loudspeakers incorporate independent sets of drivers optimized for either stereo music listening (titanum dome tweeters) or cinima viewing (horn loaded JBL drivers as found in cinimas world wide ...driver settings automatically reconfigure for music or movie use...

desighned for custome installation in rooms upto 600m3 ...it features two 18" subwoofers ....two s650 and two s400 amplifiers (2100 total watts)
                                      thx licensed loudspeakers and electronics
                                      and they cost 100,000 + usd ouch say again ....ouch
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by i_amadeo; 27 May 2005, 04:23 Friday. Reason: attachment
                                      come into the light

Comment

• i_amadeo
                                        • May 2005

these are some more pics i realy wish i had a better camera oh well .....first things first
                                        Attached Files
                                        come into the light

Comment

• NMyTree
                                          • May 2004

Those are some cool looking speakers i_amadeo! Very nice!

I've never had the chance to hear them , though.

I love my Wharfedale Opus 2. Don't have pictures of them yet.

I love my Odyssey Nightingales (bedroom)

I also love my Quad 22L (home office...but not for long :B )

It's all subjective and a matter of personal taste. Enjoy your JBL!
                                          Tony

Comment

• Patt
                                            • Feb 2005

Hey i amadeo,

The tapered look to the JBL's have a nice modern look to them.

The reddish wood color of Nightingales would sure look nice in my livingroom, heck either pair would suit me just fine.
                                            Last edited by Patt; 29 May 2005, 10:53 Sunday. Reason: typo
                                            ......Pat

Comment

• NMyTree
                                              • May 2004

The Nightingales sound wonderful.

People are really surprised at the amount of music they convey, considering their relatively small footprint and small drivers. They image like crazy.

While they don't go very deep (not exactly the last word in deep bass), they do have more bass than even I expected. I believe they go lower than their rated 39khz. Another thing is, the quality of the lower-midrange/upper- Bass is so sweet and the timbre is very, very good.

I was listening to The Ray Brown Trio -Soular Energy, on DVD-Audio yesterday, and it sounded like the acoustic bass was in my bedroom.

The mid-range and highs are very smooth.

They have a down-firing bass port, so it's very easy to place them close to a wall.

Although, it took about 100 hours for them to smooth out and so what they can do.

I also wanted to add, the Nightingales have a certain something with the timbre. Of course the source material is the most important, but there is a certain magic to these speakers. Klaus really does a great job with these and they are a very high quality build.

They also come in a dark cherry finish, Black and Oak.
                                              Tony

Comment

• i_amadeo
                                                • May 2005

nice nightingles never heard them but sometimes just looking at a speaker you can tell at once that they are something special and your nightingales are just those kind of speakers ....i wish there could be like a thread in this forum for everybody to post pics of there system ...they have this idea for ROTEL CLUB but those pics are only for rotel system ...wish to see every bodies entertainment room ...it gives me some kind of fascination..

another thing went to my jbl dealer and he advised against taking ti10ks and moving my ti6k for rears .... he said that i should take the ti2k book shelf for rears ...they are 2 way speakers (same desighn) ..i hate this idea ...but he said that the ti2k were disghned espesialy as rear speakers for the tik lighnup ... ...i dont know if i'll take his advice ...what ill probably do is take another ti6k pair and have 4 of the same speakers + one tik center + one tik 600 15" sub )

and i just purchased monster speaker cable 300$ worth for my speakers they say that these are the best ...

i love my new speakers they sound so pure ......tuch wood ....
                                                Attached Files
                                                come into the light

Comment

• NMyTree
                                                  • May 2004

i_amadeo,
                                                  Your dealer may be right about not using the ti6k for rears. I'm no expert, but I would think rear speakers with so much bass could cause problems with lower frequencies of the front speakers. I'm not sure, maybe one of the more knowledgable (more knowledgable than me) members here could speak about this issue. Maybe it also depends on the size of the room. Again, I'm not sure.

You do have some beautiful speakers!
                                                  Tony

Comment

• Snap
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Feb 2005

:agree: I would say you are right. Those are some nice towers! But I would not put them as surrounds. Look for some thing smaller, or may be even Bi-pole/Di-pole would go sweet with those big towers.

Sweet speakers for sure. Do they have grills?

Comment

• i_amadeo
                                                      • May 2005

i actualy never take the grills off (except when i whant to show them off to freinds) ...they are really more beutiful in real life than these very amature pictures that do not give these speakers justice and to that i am sorry.... you should realy go see them they alwayse draw a crowd even when displayed in the dealers show room ..customers have to go to it ,,have to ask how much for a pair ,,and have to leave grumbling that there too expensive..but they are not like us ...we never put a price on "devine" sound on the holy grail of sound do we ..we alwayse try to reach that perfect sound ...or we wouldnt be here would we ...

i am not boasting (probably a little ) but i still cant believe that they are sitting beside me ...tear...i already have a nickname for them, i call them my (vaders) because they remind of DARTHVADER'S mask so much (with the grills on ) ....

this pic i borrowed from B&w forum (hope the owner doesnt mind ) this is what i want ....when i say 4 ti6k ...i want this but instead of B&W i want VADERS...
                                                      Attached Files
                                                      come into the light

Comment

• autio
                                                        • Mar 2005

I would definatly use them as rears !!!!! unless of course it is because of financial reasons. The only sound coming from the rear effects channel are what is sent there by the processor, it should not sound any bassier then is meant by the sound engineer especially with speakers as good as these. I assume they have a flat FR so they will only be producing what they should be. If you carefully set up the surround set-up (levels at listening position) you should have an awesome set-up!

Maybe after you buy the bigger fronts you could set up the system like you planned and then see if you could demo the smaller speakers and see what you think. IMO I think you will find the "big" rears better.

Comment

• Snap
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Feb 2005

isn't that a waste of money? Those speakers are not cheep that is for sure. It would make 5 Chan Stereo sound sweet though wouldn't it! :T

Comment

• i_amadeo
                                                            • May 2005

That is so true music will sound beutiful with all channels singing ..+.. i do believe that even rears need good speakers to deliver enough bass and they would i believe sound better than small book shelf speakers ...no .....i am going with my original plan

i will get the 8000$ ti10k i will place as mains they are a foot longer than my already ti6k and place my vaders as rears....than will get the tik center + the tik sub.....

all of those speakers towering above me gets me high...all i need is time 3 months ...cant wait ..
                                                            Last edited by i_amadeo; 29 May 2005, 17:17 Sunday. Reason: spelling as usual
                                                            come into the light

Comment

• NMyTree
                                                              • May 2004

I just wanted to mention one more thing about the Odyssey Nightingales.

I was playing Paul Simon's " Negotiations And Love Songs 1971-1986" album tonight, with " You Can Call Me Al " .

Bakithi Kumalo plays Bass guitar on this song (and a few others), and the bass guitar sounds wonderful!!!

I've heard this song through many speakers and electronics (although I've yet to hear it through my Wharfedale Opus 2), and never has the bass guitar sounded so realistic.....so natural. These speakers really do have some magic.

Bakithi Kumalo is a phenominal bass player!!
                                                              Tony

Comment

• anjay73
                                                                • Apr 2007

just want know regarding JBL systhesis HT...is this system suitable for small houses or must have bigger spacing for setup and installer

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Nov 2004

Wow, bring it back up from the dead. You should start a new thread since you have a new questions.
                                                                  B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
                                                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                  Search Result for "|||"