Whats going to give me the best quality burn?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLA
    • Mar 2005

Whats going to give me the best quality burn?

I have a Sony DRU 720A DVD +/- RW R+/- Burner I use to copy all my DVD's. What type DVD will give me the best quality + or -. It takes all types even double layer. I also think I saw it here that a slower speed burn gives better quality so I have been going at speed 1, even though I can burn up to 8.

Thanx
    If you like loud bass, check out my songs.
    DLA Songs
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

as long as you burn at the speed of the media (ie 8x ) you'll get just as good of a burn if you do a quality check (get a lite-on drive that allows for PI/PIF scanning).

If you buy the +R discs the only real issue with them is that some older stand alone DVD players won't play them. You need a drive/firmware that will do Bit-setting which can tell the DVD player that instead of it being a DVD+R disc, it's a DVD-ROM and a lot of players will then read the discs that way...

But other than that +Rs or -Rs are about all the same quality wise. Though some people say the +Rs are "better."

As for discs, I try to stick with Taiyo Yuden disc only as their quality seems to far exceed others. Infact you can get a very good quality burn at 16x out of a 8x disc. That's pretty amazing!
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"