X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taimur
    • Apr 2003

no digital output

I have a problem - I can't seem to get digital output from my sound card when using zoom player to watch DVD's, but I can when I use power DVD. However, I can't use power DVD to watch movies on my TV, so I use zoom player which allows full screen playback using the S-video output on my video card.

My home PC uses windows 2000 and an "M-audio 24/96 audiophile" sound card, which has an SPDIF coaxial output. My video card has S-video out (MSI Nvidia Geoforce Ti300) and I connect this to my TV so that I can watch DVD's on my TV instead of on the computer screen. I connect the coaxial output from the sound card into the AV amp.

I have only been able to watch full screen DVD's with zoom player on my TV. If I try and use the S-video output on my video card and play a DVD, power DVD just crashes the computer.

Is there a solution, or do I have to choose between one of the following:
    -dolby digital sound and computer screen video
    -prologic surround sound and TV video

I'd really like to have dolby digital sound and video going to my TV (in full screen mode).... is this possible?

Taimur
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

Hi Taimur,

These should be somewhat mutually exclusive events. So long as you've chosen the correct filters in ZP I believe.

That said, you may want to read up on this with respect to your 24/96 card:

and I don't have this card so I can't help you much but this may give you some clues to the solution:

Not sure why powerdvd might be crashing...are you all patched up?
    All the latest msi drivers in place?
    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• taimur
      • Apr 2003

Thanks for the reply and the useful links. I read them as extensively as I could, including getting lost in hyperspace a little going link crazy with what was stated in your lniks.

It seems that this is an issue with other people too who use powerDVD and zoom player. In fact, a friend of mine told me that power DVD (and some other software DVD players) had TV output full screen playback capabilities restricted to prevent analogue DVD copying.

I wonder if it would be worth trying TheaterTek to see if I can get around the problem. I don't have theatertek so I wonder if anyone can tell me if it merely piggybacks onto another software DVD player (like zoom player) or if I can uninstall powerDVD and zoom player before installing theatertek to try that out?

Thanks
      Taimur

Comment

• PMazz
        • May 2001

I've got TheaterTek and a Delta 410 and they work beautifully. I use an Audio Authority VGA to component transcoder to feed my RPTV. Not sure it will work with S-video as I've never tried it.

I also have PowerDVD but not Zoomplayer, so I can't help you out there. PowerDVD works, as well.

Pete
        Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• taimur
          • Apr 2003

Thanks - I'll give theatertek a try in a few days time with s-video and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"