X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

An Administrator, and a close call

Guys, some of you may not know, so I am going to tell you about what happened to Kevin Patz this week. His house caught fire while his wife and him were away. I think they were at work. It must have been a woodstove or electrical cause, I don't profess to know myself. I'll leave that to the fire inspectors to determine.

I just want you guys to think about Kevin during this difficult time. Him and his wife lost their 3 house cats in the fire. Their babies. Many of us in TTP have already been giving Kevin and Heather sympathy, thinking of them. I just felt the whole member base should know what Kevin is going through since he's the guy that keeps HTG fine tuned, and did such a great job setting it up a year ago.

Here's to hoping for as fast and as good a recovery as possible for Kevin and Heather. I have a feeling their feline legacy will continue once they get back home. Wherever home may be. They are fixing the house, but whether they will live there again, or move, I can't say.

So, when you think you've had a bad day, think of Kevin and realize how lucky you are. Of course there are other tragedies so sometimes days are bad. Iv'e seen quite a few lately myself. I won't cover them all here. But I lost a dear family friend a week ago. I've seen a man at work loose his 29 year old daughter in the blink of an eye. My Dad had a car lot before he passed away last year, and it was one of his Mechanics that died a week ago. This week, his other one has a heart attack. I don't know what it is, but something sure stinks this January. It just seems to go on and on, then their is my friend Kevin and his tragedy. I for one am ready for February. It's got to get better than this. I'm sure Kevin and Heather are.

Doug
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Frustrated
    • Jan 2005

I don't know you or them Doug, but I've been going through a rough patch myself. I've lost people that were dear to me also. My heartfelt condolences to you and your friends. No one should go through something like this alone. I wish you peace.

Comment

• Polk-Ey
      • Dec 2004

POST DELETED BY OWNER.

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Please keep responses clean and compassionate.

Doug
        Forum Owner
        Doug

Comment

• Danbry39
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2002

Man, sorry to hear that Kevin. If we can help you and Heather in any way, let us know.
          Keith

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
            • Sep 2003

Sucks to hear about these types of events. And as always, it happens to the good people.

Heres hoping Kevin and Heather get back on their feet ASAP. Yeah its bad, but it could have been worse, they could have been taken with their cats. They have each other, and friends like you to comfort them.

After losing my mom to Ovarian cancer 2 years ago, I see things differently. I cherish every day, and I learned not to sweat the little things.

Doug, sorry to hear about your father and his friends. Youre right, February must be better than January.

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
            GameTracker -My List-
            Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• Sithlord
              • Aug 2004

Lets us hope that they can move on and enjoy the rest of their lives without loss and tradegy in the future. Here is something that will make you smile:

For every loss of life there seems to be a new one given.

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

Kevin & Doug you both have my humble and deepest sympathies on your losses. My prayers are with you and may God provide you strength during your time of need.

May peace be with you,

Azeke

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

Guys, thanks for thinking of me too. I wasn't trying to turn the attention to me, just saying, I've had loss too. I just started thinking about tragedies, and as I said, have had some myself. Different, but each traumatic in their own right. I was just trying to say to Kevin, I understand too.

I lost my Dad on easter sunday 2004. The hardest day of my life. My original family is now at 3 of 5. I also lost a Sister 4 years ago. I can tell you about loss. I was just clarifying that I didn't loose Dad in January. I wish I'd had him until then. But I didn't. I do have my Mom and 1 Sister left. Our extended family is larger with 3 nieces, a nephew, great neices and great nepnews.

Thank you all, and I am sorry for you other's losses too. Let them out here, we are with you guys.

Doug
                  Doug

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2001

My heartfelt best wishies go out to Kevin and his wife.
                    My Homepage!

Comment

• Nick M
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Nov 2004

My Grandmother died last month. Just her time to go. Everyone has theirs.

I don't dwell on things like this. It doesn't do me any good. I remember the good times I had with those who have died, and share stories that make me laugh. They get to go on the great-adventure first!

Cheer-Up guys.
                      ~Nick

Comment

• H.Donald
                        • Aug 2004

After working as a firefighter in Boston for twenty plus years,I have seen the devastation of fire many times.And I speak not of the property or belongings.The look on the faces of people told me all I needed to know of the damage to the psyche.
                        After a fire was knocked down,you see the people huddled in blankets...your heart just went out to them.In 1988,on a day off...our home had an electrical fire.We had to move out for several months.But with the help of friends and family,we made it thru.As will Kevin and his wife.It is times like these when you do step back and realize how fortunate we are.We all have these nice toys to play with and sometimes you hear a buzz or a hum coming from a speaker and it ruins your day.Events like this fire puts things in perspective.My mother who passed away a few months ago was the eternal optimist...if I had said to her "I am having a bad day,I dont know where the hum is coming from in my system"...her reply would have been.."be happy you have something to hum".May Kevin and Heather gain strength from this.

Comment

• Lex
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Apr 2001

I am fine, and I don't need anyone to tell me to cheer up concerning the death of friends and family. Kevin doesn't need to be told to cheer up either. I'd say he's got little to cheer about right now, except being alive. Get real man.

Frankly, if this is the agnostic attitude Nicholas, I can live without it. I would suggest if you can't empathize with a man, to leave a topic alone. Telling him to smile, everything is great, just don't get it dude!
                          Doug

Comment

• Nick M
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Nov 2004

Sorry Lex, I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else, and I apologize if I did. I just tried to offer some words of encouragement.
                            ~Nick

Comment

• Sithlord
                              • Aug 2004

IMO this topic is just too sensitive to be discussed in an open forum. Sorry to hear about everyones lossess here. No matter how you say things Nicholoas someone is going to take it the wrong way even if you had the best of intentions. Lex is still in mourning as I was when my father passed away 2 years ago ( leaving a legacy of 10 children). It takes longer for some to try and return to their normal routines, but I hope Lex you will get through it with the support of your family and friends.

Comment

• Lex
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Apr 2001

Thank you Sithlord. I really didn't intend this to become about me anyway, it was about Kevin. Just a place to wish Kevin well through all he's been through this week.

While those in TTP know well what I went through loosing my Dad. For the most part, I did keep that out of the main part of the forum. It is hard loosing a best friend. My Dad was that.

I'll just lock this thread now to keep it from escelating into something it wasn't meant to.

thanks
                                Doug

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"