X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdrfabian007
    • Nov 2014

Optical Cables

Hi people, can any body sugest a cheap but good quality Oprical cable to connect my PioneerSXB300 Sound bar To my TV. As so far I've noticed the sound is great when using bluetooth but is very limited with the thin cable supplied with the soundbar?
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

It's more likely your receiver's setup than a bad optical cable causing your problem. Digital cables either work or they don't, and if they don't you get nothing at all or a lot of noise.

Can you use an HDMI cable? The SXB300 has HDMI inputs.

That said, B&H has optical cables.

Comment

• impala454
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2007

What Kevin said.

I'll add that the included optical cable being "thin" is by design. Optical wiring by definition needs no shielding and doesn't have a large "conductor". They're supposed to be thin.
      -Chuck

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

optical fiber would be a better term, than wire. There's no wire associated with optical, only a light transducing tube for light transmission. The very best optical cables are glass fiber. Sounds undoable, but it is a flexible glass.
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"