X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richmaxmi
    • Oct 2014

Tidal

Just got Tidal on 7-day trial. Sounds good. Suggest you all sign up and listen for yourself. First impressions? Good sound, streaming not too laggy, intuitive interface, not buggy like Qobus.
  • richmaxmi
    • Oct 2014

Sorry. So pleased I posted twice.

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

What is the resolution Tidal streaming at?

16/44?

And what resolution were getting from Qobus?
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• richmaxmi
        • Oct 2014

44.1/16-bit FLAC or ALAC at 1411 kbps.
        Same as Qobus; however, big difference in usability and catalogue. Hasn't crashed yet, all applications are well-laid out, music quality coupled with streaming speed is very impressive. My Nokia even sounds good, Bill (with my Westone IEMs naturally).

Qobus always crashes, is extremely limited in its rock, blues, and classics catalogue, and cannot stream and download simultaneously.

Further, a key point for me is the fact I can use a non US credit card or Paypal to subscribe through a VPN. Usually I can only subscribe to services for the UK so my Netflix, All Access and Spotify have been UK based. I think you would agree that £20 vs. 20 USD is a big price difference (62%). Also , unlike Qobus, once signed up the applications all work without my requiring the VPN which is far less hassle.

Bit of a schoolboy crush on Tidal right now rather sadly....

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"