X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ravilious
    • Jan 2014

Clic 1 player - question

Hello

I am new to streaming music and are currently auditioning a music fidelity clic 1 player. I have played music back from a variety of sources and while is sounds great I have one big issue. If I am playing a file/track off a memory stick or network while it is possible to pause playback it is not possible to shuttle fast forwards or backwards. So if on a long track I just want to hear a section 50 minutes in I have to play to that point in real time. Is this just a quirk of this particular player or a restriction of such devices generally? It's clearly possible on a computer with such software as windows media player.

Can anyone help

Thanks. Stephen
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Hi Stephen & welcome to the forum.

I certainly do not wish to discourage you from posting, but please refrain from ‘double posting’.
    Posting multiple identical threads tends to cause confusion, especially when others are using the search function to find information on specific topics.

If you feel you are not receiving responses in a timely manner or in numerous quantities, continue to post (bump) in the original thread.
    Moderators keep a close watch & will help ‘rally the troops’ for those who are looking for assistance.
    For example, if your post would receive better exposure in a different forum category, we will move it for you.

Thanks again for joining; we hope to see you participating & posting often.

Regards,
    Bill

link to similar post
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• alebonau
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by ravilious
      Hello

I am new to streaming music and are currently auditioning a music fidelity clic 1 player. I have played music back from a variety of sources and while is sounds great I have one big issue. If I am playing a file/track off a memory stick or network while it is possible to pause playback it is not possible to shuttle fast forwards or backwards. So if on a long track I just want to hear a section 50 minutes in I have to play to that point in real time. Is this just a quirk of this particular player or a restriction of such devices generally? It's clearly possible on a computer with such software as windows media player.

Can anyone help

Thanks. Stephen
      dont have an answer for you stephen, hopefully someone answers or if not maybe worth asking your dealer or contacting musical fidelity themselves
      "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• ravilious
        • Jan 2014

Thanks. I did (uk support)and they tell me it can't be done, despite the fact the manual says it can. Got the impression they did'nt want to know! Won't be buying another MF product for sure.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"