X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mj662
    • Sep 2004

MX-500 or MX-700 Remote?

I am looking at the MX-500 & MX-700 Remotes, The 700 is more expensive but the MX-500 has Chapter buttons.

Does anyone have info about these remotes? Do you like them? pros and Cons?

Thanks, Mark
  • Bent
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2003

I have the '500 - I liked it so much that I bought a second...
    Actually my first one was the original firmware version (it wouldn't learn Pioneer codes), but my little fella (now 6 years old) was a bit rough with it, so I bought a 2nd, cloned it and sent the original back to the manufacturer for minor repairs and firmware upgrading.

The '700 can only be better, but I agree that the deletion of the chapter skip buttons seemed like an illogical step in a remote that is considered a dramatic upgrade from the '500.

either one will likely do everthing you'll ever need, and you'll quickly forget how you manged without it.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

I've got the MX-700 and love it. Funny, I didn't know that the 500 had chapter skip button, but I agree, that's weird that mine doesn't. I just program them into the LCD buttons, but still, you think they would be hard buttons.

I like the computer programming capability. Matter of fact, I've considered buying the less-expensive 500 model to use in my secondary bedroom theater, but don't know if I can give up the programming now that I like it so much.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"