Upconversion problem with LG 7832 (Zenith 318 clone)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidY
    • Aug 2000

Upconversion problem with LG 7832 (Zenith 318 clone)

So far, I have tested the following DVDs on my July 2004 build player (LG 7832....just like the Zenith 318 ) and stated if they upconvert or not via component on my X1 (3.6 firmware):

DVDs which upconvert to 1080i:

LOTR: ROTK
    Last Samurai
    Matrix Reloaded
    Matrix Revolutions
    LOTR: TT
    Tomorrow Never Dies

DVDs which don't upconvert (stays at 480p):

LOTR: FOTR
    Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
    Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
    Master and Commander
    Matrix
    Army of Darkness
    Spiderman

To those with an earlier build player (LG 7832 or Zenith 318 ): Do all or most of your DVDs upconvert via component? If not, please state which ones do NOT upconvert....also, please state your build date? Thanks very much.

Dave
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

I'll try the ones that you can't upconvert later today and get back to you. How do you know they aren't upconverting? My Panasonic 47" locks into full mode on a 1080i signal and doesn't allow me to change the aspect withthe remote. So thats how I know with my player.

ht_addict

Comment

• ht_addict
      • Dec 2002

Tried all the DVD's you had problems with and they worked on my player. Its a 11/03 build date.

ht_addict

Comment

• DavidY
        • Aug 2000

Thanks.

The X1 tells me the rez it's displaying....when I press a button on the remote. When I try to upconvert to either 1080i or 720p (when it's in stop mode), it goes to a blue screen and then downconverts back to 480p and plays the movie.

Dave

Comment

• Kit
          • Aug 2004

Quick question - on my LG, when watching the Hellboy DVD I see jaggies on the menu fonts across all resolutions (1080i, 480i, ect). Popped it into my PS2 for comparison which displayed the fonts nicely. TV's a Sony GW KF42WE610. Any comments on some setup step I've missed? Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"