X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pinball_wizard
    • Aug 2004

Going from receiver to separates- advice needed

I have a Nakamichi AV 10, Nak dvd and cd, velodyne sub and Von Schweikert speakers all the way around. I have been using the Nakamichi, but I just scored a 2 channel parasound (not currently working though) a 3 channel B&K, and a 2 channel Rotel. I am thinking for now use the B&K for center/right/left, and the rotel for the rears. When the parasound is fixed I would use it for right/left, and the B&K for the other 3- opinions, advice?
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Continuing from your other post - that's just amazing. I'd say you have the progression pretty well thought out, but just be aware that these amps will have different tonal characteristics that may turn out to be fairly obvious as you pan from mains to center to surrounds. Just going from memory tho', the Parasound and the B&K may (should?) sound fairly similar. I've not heard a Rotel so I can't comment there. Some of our resident Rotel-heads should be able to help on that.

Good luck.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"