X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • number17
    • Jul 2004

JM Lab Chorus 715, 705, CC700 and SW700

I had a chance to listen to the discontinued Chorus 715 speakers yesterday (replaced by 716) and these speakers are AMAZING for their price.

I never thought i could find a decent set of HT speakers (5+1) that include tower speakers up front for Cdn$2k, never mind GOOD tower speakers like the Chrous 715.

The soundstage is deep and wide, and the bass is very tight, the high end is also very clear and sweet. There isn't a whole lot to complain about these speakers considering their price (except they are only available in black, being the last set =( )

I didn't have the chance to try them with any movies though.

My search for HT speakers has now gone from Energy Encores to B&W 303/601 to JM Lab Chorus ... and I think this is the set I want.

Has anybody had any experience with JM Lab Chorus speakers? What's your take on these speakers?

thanks!
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Wendel, I haven't heard these speakers, but congratulations regardless! Be careful though, you make wake up one day owning a set of Grand Utopia BE's. :B

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• number17
      • Jul 2004

Finally someone who figures out the meaning of my username!

Yeah I did get a listen of the Utopia while I was at it ... good thing it's something that's not even remotely affordable to me otherwise it'd be too tempting.

Comment

• billfing
        • Sep 2005

Yes, I do have the 716s. Not so bad, but it is too bright for my taste.
        I also have a feeling that it is a waste of money because in this price range you can get the damn ugly Vandersteen speakers which too my ear they no doubt sound better.

So I think I even like to sell mt jms and get 1 pair of those.

If I listen music louder btw, the jms come alive. Thats when they are 'singing'.

If you in HLWD LA area, you are welcome to audition the set-up. -)))
        billfing :T

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"