X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lostinlalaland
    • Jul 2004

Need a little educatin

I have B&W 703's with matching cc/surrounds arriving in the next few days. I had originally wanted to buy outlaw amp (model 770 200w) but noticed that the cc/surrounds are rated up to 150w. Is there a danger with hooking up said amp with these speakers at normal to mildly elevated listening levels. If so, what other amps do you al recommend besides rotel.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

No you can never over power a speaker with too large an amp...though that's obviously not to say you can't damange it just that you're likely going to damage a driver by pushing a small amp to clipping vs a larger amp that's loafing along.

If so, what other amps do you al recommend besides rotel.
    Nope Rotel's all you need :B You knew I had to say that...but seriously there's a variety of very nice power amp companies out there esp in the used market. What's your budget and how many channels do you need?

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"