X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clarkbox
    • Aug 2005

Amp Bias?

Can anyone tell me more about my amps bias? I have the Rotel RB-1080.

When i asked the dealer what causes one side/channel to become hotter than the opposite, he said it was likely due to the bias setting found under the covers.

The left side of this amp stays mildly warm, however the right can get too hot to touch after a few hours (but does not shut itself down). I also notice the right channel to be a little less powerful. Is this imagined, or could the bias setting cause this?

Anyone think i should rip er open, and see what i can see? Any tips in doing this?

Thanks
    Clark
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

This could be bias, ultrasonic oscillation, or something else. Without the appropriate test instruments and the service manual/service specs you don't know.

Feeling adventurous?

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"