X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eulogytool
    • Dec 2003

How do you access the "game mode" for PLIIx on the 1098

According to Dolby's website PLIIx includes a Music, Cinema and Game mode (to redirect extra bass to the sub). But I can't access the game mode for some reason in the menu and I play video games frequently. So was the game mode not added for some reason or will someone please tell me how to access it.

Thanks,
    Billy
  • eulogytool
    • Dec 2003

I just got a reply back from Tim Wyatt of Rotel (super fast response, love that customer service.) with some potentially disappointing news for some...The game mode was not added. So it looks like we did indeed get PLIIx lite.

I can't complain I am perfectly happy with the normal Music & Movie modes. And maybe (big maybe) it will be added later.

Comment

• skipm
      • Jun 2003

That's very interesting news and while it doesn't affect me per se since I'm not a gamer, I've just never heard of anyone implementing 2/3 of a protocol before. Rotel kinda reminds me of the way BMW used to be about cup holders. BMW figured that if it had nothing to do with driving an automobile, like cupholders, then it wasn't needed. "Games! What do mean you want to play games on one of the finest audio video surround sound processors in the world. Watch a movie or listen to music but no games!" Wonder if any of the other manufacturers are taking this approach.

-Skip

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

I was also anticipating a game mode for DoProIIx, since I own an XBox.

Perhaps Geoff, can add it to the wish list.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Hi,

Consider it done

I've added it to my list of changes for the next version of the wish-list.

Geoff

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Let me do some digging...

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

I've heard of some recievers offering various versions of DPLII with less of the user-selectable options (ie: panorama etc) so it seems that the code might be available in chunks depending on what the manufacturer deems a valuable and makes room for etc....?

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
              Jason

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"