X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bostonears
    • Mar 2004

1067 Tuner memory RBDS bug

When I went to program my favorite radio stations into the tuner of my 1067, I discovered a problem (and a workaround) if a station is broadcasting with RBDS (station info).

Normally, if I tune a station (non-RBDS), when I push the Memory button on the front panel, I can enter a number for the desired preset. However, if the station uses RBDS, after tuning, the Memory button has no effect.

It took me numerous frustrating attempts at entering stations to figure out that RBDS was the problem. It's frustrating, because if you just follow the instructions in the manual, press Memory, then enter a number, you think it's taken the present, but then when you go to use the preset, it jumps to whatever was stored previously at that number (because it didn't learn the new one). Then you have to tune back to the desired station and try again...

Eventually, I discovered that by using the Display button on the remote, I could scroll through the various RBDS info screens for the station. The Memory button works ONLY if the upper line of the front panel display is at the station Frequency, which takes four or five button presses to get to.

Anybody else experience this problem? (Or maybe nobody else lives in an area where RBDS is being used?)

I believe that Rotel should preferably fix the software so that the Memory button works regardless of the RBDS display state, or at least document the correct procedure in the user manual. I was nearly ready to take the unit back to the dealer because the Memory button wasn't working.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Thanks Steve,

I'm sure the folks using Rotel's products with tuners will be appreciative (Though I doubt will see a change in the functionality at this stage of the game.)

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"