X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Capitan
    • Jun 2004

1055 Tuner Problems

My 1055 is giving me trouble with picking up stations higher than ~100.0 on FM.

I have tried both my roof mounted antenna and the simple dipole that comes with the Rotel with the same results: it doesn't pick up these higher stations, and in fact, it will lock onto some station of a lower frequency (say 99.1 or so) and keep this station locked on, even as I switch between say: 101.5, 105.3, 106.7, etc, still playing the station it first picked up.

Am I missing a setting?

Could the internal tuner be defective?

Should I reset the entire unit, and/or try a firmware upgrade? It is only about 4 months old.

I know this is the Rotel's problem, because not only does my truck parked in my driveway pick up these stations, but so does my wife's antenna-less 15 year old clock radio, while sitting in the same room as the Rotel.
    Frustrating, I hope I don't have to send it in for service.

Thanks for any help!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

hmm that's odd...can't say i ever used the tuner when I own that model but it should work if the other radios around can pick up the stations. You could try a factory reset from the menu but honeslty I'm doubtful that's going to solve the issue...but its free and easy to do so its worth giving a go. Assuming that doesn't fix it fire me and email and I'll pass it along to Rotels tech guys and maybe they'll have an idea.

Comment

• El Capitan
      • Jun 2004

Thanks, I'll try that and get back to you tonight.

Comment

• El Capitan
        • Jun 2004

Andrew,

finally got a chance to reset it this morning. for a moment, it seemed that it might have been able to pick up 101.5, but then it went fuzzy and soon locked on to some other random station, again keeping that one tuned in until I changed to a lower station such as 94.9, or 91.1, etc.

It's just that above 100 it doesn't want to pick up distant or local stations at all, not even fuzzy or clicking in and out.

Frustrating.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I've sent your info on to Rotel's tech guys.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"