X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Truepenny
    • Feb 2004

Vandeersteen speakers & Rotel

Date Posted: Feb 24, 2004 11:31 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, I need help. I have Vandersteen 2cs and am looking to set up a HT. I have a Vandersteen VCC1 center speaker and a V2W subwoofer on order. My room is about 13x27 feet. I need guidance on what size Rotel receiver I need. RSX 1056 or RSX 1067. One option I may have is to use my Counterpoint SA12(about 80 watts/ch) to drive the 2Cs. I don't have dealers where I can audition these items, so I'll be depending on your input.
    Thanks,
    Truepenny
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Truepenny. Welcome to The Guide! :later:

You'll definitely get more Rotel-based responses if you post this in the Club Rotel forum here. They are a "chatty" bunch. :B

IIRC, the Vandys are fairly inefficient - like 86-87 dB at 6 ohms nominal? Similar to my Aerials at least. Driving those, I'd go for as much horsepower as possible.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• dave
      • Aug 2003

I am using a RMB1095 to power my Vandy IIs & IIIs with a great deal of success regards Dave...

dave
      Dave...

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"