X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

Sony STR DA3ES ?

I could get a pretty sweet deal on this puppy...
    It is to replace my ONKYO 575x

What do you guys think ?
    Soundwide...2 channel wise...cinema wise..the whole deal...

Thanks all!

Bam!
    Got a nice rack to show me ?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Personally If I were going to buy a "mainstream" brand receiver I'd be looking at HK or Denon first, then Yamaha and Pioneer but that's my opinion... I've never been a big fan of Sony stuff not because of a lack of quality necessarily, but because I feel they rely more on their name than product quality to justify asking higher prices...

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Bam!
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2004

Hi Jason!

I must agree with you..that is exactly the way I see Sony...however this is the ES model and supposedely(man that spelling looks wrong) amazing. So really I don't know what to think...

Thanks again!

Bam!
      Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• Claude D D
        • Jan 2003

I was quite pleased with a STRDA5ES that I used before I went to my Rotel separates.If you can get the 3es for cheap it should be ok.

Comment

• DavidY
          • Aug 2000

I haven't auditioned the DA3ES.

I own a Sony STRDA777ES receiver since it was new....this was Sony's top of the line ES receiver. I still luv this receiver. No immediate plans to upgrade it just yet.

Denon is another good brand. I would probably not buy a HK unless it was clearance priced. IMO, HK is very expensive here in Canada. A few years ago, I wasn't too pleased with HK's quality control.

Dave

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"