X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tommy220
    • Jan 2004

Klipsch and Rotel

When combine these to product give a gret sound in HT?. I am thinking to bay this proutuct`s:

RF 35
    RC 35
    RB 35
    RSP 1066
    RMB 1075
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Klipsh are a speaker that some people love, and some people love to hate. Horns are a bit more in your face, up front sounding. Of course, combined with the right electronics, they can still sound good I am sure. I have no real Klipsh experience to draw on. I'm sure they'd be to bright for my taste likely, having developed a love for soft dome tweeters. Soft domes are known for being much more relaxed and laid back sounding than their metal counterparts, including horns.

I think your just going to have to listen for yourself to decide if this is the right combo. I do recommend that you listen.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Hiya, Tommy! Welcome to the Guide! I've got a complete 7.1 Klipsch setup based on the Legend Series, which the Reference Series superceeded. I'm currently driving the setup with Parasound Halo equipment, although I used to use a Yamaha RX-V2095.

Bottom line, I think you will be VERY pleased with the Klipsch and Rotel combo. I'll echo what Lex said in that it's always good to audition, though. The biggest thing I like about Klipsch speakers is that the horn construction give you a VERY detailed sound. You'll hear every little leaf shake, every grass blade rustle, and every singer pause to take a breath. The things that people typically don't like about Klipsch is that the horns will give you a "forward" or "bright" sound, that some don't prefer, but isn't bad. Others like to do what I call "stick their head in the sand" and NOT hear detailed sound from Klipsch or high-end speakers, because it also will play any flaws in the music or movie, like a scratch, pop, or hiss. You get the good with the bad, so if you choose not to get the detailed sound, you're also missing out on a lot of good, detailed sound.

Again, welcome! Hope this turns out well for you!

CHRIS
      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Tommy220
        • Jan 2004

Are ther many bugs on tha RSP 1066?

Comment

• Tommy220
          • Jan 2004

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Hi Tommy, welcome to the Guide (too). :later:

You might want to post the 1066 bug question in Club Rotel. You'll definitely get some responses!

As for the Klipsch speakers, I can second what Chris says. The higher up the line you go, you'll notice a move from a less harsh to a more detailed upper register. If you can, audition the Reference line - they are pretty sweet. BTW, I'm not a Klipsch owner or dealer.

David - HTGuide flunky
            Our "Theater"
            Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• LCSeminole
              • Apr 2003

Chris, I too have Legend Series speakers. KLF-20's (fronts), KLF-C7 (center) and I recently mixed in 4 Reference RB-5II's for side and rear surrounds. I would be very much interested to know what pre/pro and amp combinations you are using with your Klipsch set-up. I am moving my Onkyo receiver to the bedroom and getting a pre/pro to finish off my 7.1 set-up, so any and all insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Hiya, LC. Welcome to the Guide! I have KLF-30's for my front mains, and the C-7 center also. I use 4 KSP-S6 surrounds for the side and rear surrounds. Previously, I was driving the setup with a Yamaha RX-V2095 receiver in a 5.1 configuration with a Klipsch KSW-15 subwoofer. As you'll figure out fairly easily around here, I'm in the process of building a new theater room. My new system is powered by Parasound Halo equipment, specifically a C1 controller, and a set of A51 and A21 amplifiers. This is a big step up for me, in equipment, fidelity, and features in many ways, and is my first venture into separates, which it sounds like you're doing as well.

There are several people here on the Guide that use either Rotel or Parasound equipment to drive their Klipsch speaker set. Look around and do searches in both Club Rotel and Club Parasound here on the Guide, and I think you'll find some good information!

Specifically, one of the biggest things you'll find is discussion on Klipsch speakers being highly efficient and very detailed and revealing in sound. many people are taking care to prevent the sound from becoming overly "bright" and heavy on the top end high frequencies.

CHRIS
                Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"