X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bent
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2003

I'm goin' seven channel!

I ordered a pair of Paradigm ADP-370's on Friday to add to my 5 channel setup, I had two channels on my Harman-Kardon AVR-525 just sitting there with nothing on the last two unused surround banana jacks...

The ADP's I'm getting will be white, and I could just about bust waiting for them. They say 14 days at the most (likely closer to ten days)

;h
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

That's cool! More is good!

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Yeah what Lex said! :LOL: Congrats.

Make sure to let us know how you like it once you've played with the new speakers.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Where did you get them from Bent? When you come into town to pick them up you should drop on in for a visit.

Comment

• Bent
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2003

I had two places within 30 klicks of my place that had extremely competitive prices, a furniture store in Niverville and a A/V store in Steinbach that agreed to 600 bucks before taxes.
          The best that that big place in Winnipeg would do was 740 bucks (before taxes, no less).
          (I really thought that AE would have matched prices, with their buying power and all, but the salesman seemed to not take me very seriously )

(either of the three places needed to order them in, as white is not a stocked item)

I'm actually quite pissed at AE, but it was unfortunate (for them, as well as for me) that the people I preferred to deal with weren't there when I called in. I'll be e-mailing a pdf of my bill to them when I take delivery, as this was not a special case price or anything like that, so Paradigm should have no problem having a little discussion with Mr. Bre## about him. I'm sure that the story could have ended differently under different circumstances...
          oh well.
          (I never did contact Dan Skrapneck though, they might have actually had the 370's in stock.... hmmmm.)

Sorry Andrew, you are probably getting the fasle impression that I don't like you, That's the third time you've invited me and I can't come through...LOL.
          I'll be by one day, and I'll even phone first a few days ahead of time to give you some warning... And I'll try to leave the entourage (three kids, wife and dog) at home, at least for the first time, as I have a thousand questions about loudspeaker design...

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

That's ok I don't really like you either :LOL:

interesting about AE that's usually where I buy my gear from and they've always been very competetive with their pricing. I used to deal a lot with lyle herdecki but he left to go to university so that's too bad. I do make it a point to drop in often though and say hi to everyone so they do know me when I walk in the door to buy something. That and I often bring in friends when they're buying stuff which helps as well I guess.

Comment

• Bent
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2003

:rofl:

now, that's funny! LOL

I am not going to let it change my opinion of AE, it's just too bad... I'm still guessing that my best price was at about 8% margin, which I'm only guessing... I'll be back there again, but I mostly deal with the guys at ART, if only for terrific converstaion and some good swapping of ideas. (I actually have had some good ideas...) This was just an isolated incident in which that particular salesman will not have my ear again.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

Welcome to the 7.1 club , Bent.

My Homepage!
                My Homepage!

Comment

• Rock Dog
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2003

Me Too! I picked up a set of Mirage Omni FX last night. (very nice, very cool speakers) Now I just have to get a Rotel RMB-1080 for my mains, and use my 1095 for everything else.

The only problem is moving my Mirage OM-R2s from the back wall, out to a true "Surround" position. I have a big brick fireplace to contend with, which won't make it easy.

Lex, I'll be contacting you shortly for another pair of SilverCats.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

Silvercats? Well, I think that could be arranged.

Lex
                    Doug
                    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"