X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vsarathy
    • Oct 2003

DVD Players with DVI Output

Hello All:

Could you guys suggest a list of DVD players that all have DVI output and sell for "reasonable" prices (less than $750). The only one that I know off the top of my head is the $200 Bravo D1.

Thanks.
    Viji
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Samsung has one that priced a tad higher than the D 1, but I can't recall the model number off hand. Try their website. There are others out there, but are not budget priced by an shakes. I expect to see dvd players with DVI outputs becoming as ordinary as progressive scan players over the next few months, and probably within the $200 range.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

The Samsung you refer to is the HD-931. It's replacement model, which I think is the 932, is about to come out as well. It retails for $299 but can be found for less. I personally have the Bravo D1, which if you haven't heard, should be replaced by the D2 sometime in the forseeable future.

That's the only other one I know of under your cap of $750. All the others (Marantz, Denon, etc) that I'm aware of are $1000 or more.

CHRIS
      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

There is also the Momitsu V880, which is substantially similar to the D1 (almost certainly the same mfr in China), which has proven slightly less glitchy, and has a menu though which some have meddled in Macrovision and region coding.

Not sold in the U.S., but some is available through some importers here. After shipping, goes for a bit more than the Samsung I think.

BB

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"