X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skyblue
    • Jun 2009

K rating for B&W 800 diamond in stereophile

Can anybody tell me what that means? I see them just below Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 ($350/pair) whose rating is D. Do they seriously mean that they consider the wharfedale a better speaker? Meh :/
    B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.
  • Rod#S
    • Oct 2010

So the issue is out with Kal's review? I'll pop by the magizine store tomorrow
    B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Skyblue
      Can anybody tell me what that means? I see them just below Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 ($350/pair) whose rating is D. Do they seriously mean that they consider the wharfedale a better speaker? Meh :/
      The meanings for the rating categories, including K, are defined at the beginning of the listings.
      Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Skyblue
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
        The meanings for the rating categories, including K, are defined at the beginning of the listings.
        Hmm I read the introduction to both the entire section and the speaker section in particular. But couldnt see it. However, now that you mention it, there is a box in the turntables section explaining. I'll quote it to be fair

Class K
        "Keep your eye on this product. Class K is for components we that we have not reviewed or finished testing, but that we have reason to believe may be excellent performers.

And some more text. But that sums it up.

So, the review wasnt in the april issue. I hope we'll see it soon.
        B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2006

May.
          Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Skyblue
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
            May.
            Excellent.

Can I suggest that you use another heading than "K"? You A, B, C, D and E, each designating a rating order. Then there is NR on each individual item, meaning not reviewed, and then there is K, which would suggest its part of the A-E order but it really isnt. Have you considered calling it "you may also consider".. or something similar? "K" seems misleading to at least one individual. And my Totoro bear was seriously confused. Usually he just put on his wide smile regardless of what happens.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2006

Frankly, my dear, I have not given it any consideration nor will I. Such things are the prerogatives of Ye Editor-in-chief and his staff.

Note, however, that this designation is many decades old and has not surfaced as an issue in the past.
              Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Briz vegas
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

I thought it was K for Kal's pick

Or K k k k Kenny
                Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"