X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nismo
    • Aug 2003

Universal DVD-player w/RSP1066 ?

New to forum......

Just bought the RSP-1066. Need a new DVD-player. What about an universal (DVD-audio + SACD)..?

Do you have any suggestions of players?
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

There's a couple of options available in the universal market depending on your budget. Pioneer makes a cheap universal player for example. If you have the budget though I'd seriously look at the Denon 2900 model. Its getting rave reviews for its CD playback and multichannel SACD abilities. I haven't heard much about its DVD-A abilities but it shouldn't be any worse then my Denon 1600 which to me sounds very good and its certinatly a big step up from the Pioneer unit.

there's also a universal from Onyko and Yamaha. The Onyko has pretty poor video quality though so I'd pass on that one. The Yamaha's a solid unit as well and if the Denon isn't available see if you can find the Yahama 2300 (I beleive that's the model #)

Comment

• RedStep
      • Sep 2002

Welcome Aboard...

Universal players have had some controversy. It seems as though they can't do everything well. Most focus on sound, hence the marketing stradigy of a universal player. (picture quality suffering)

Here are two brands that seem to rise to the occasion: Pioneer Elite DV-47ai and the Marantz DV8400.

I know Denon has always produced quality products, so check out these three prior to purchasing. Cheers.....

RedStep
      We are truly a product of the decisions we make
      RedStep
      We are truly a product of the decisions we make

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Hi Nismo, welcome to The Guide!

There's another unit that is more to the high end of the environment at $5,500 US. It's getting good reviews so far if you have that type of budget.
        1. Estoteric DV-50 review from Soundstage

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"