X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wonderin_y
    • Jun 2003

Rotel rsx1055 speaker match

I'm new to home theatre and was considering the Rotel rsx-1055. I need something that will do well with both home theatre 5.1 setup and CD stereo.
    I've got about $1500 for receiver budget and same for speakers.
    The room size is 12x17. I was considering matching up the Rotel with Ascend Acoustics CBM170's(front and surround), HSU VTF-2(sub) and CMT340C (center).
    Does anyone using these speakers with this Rotel or have other speaker recommendations?
    I like good bass that is well defined at higher listening levels.
    Thanks for your input! 8O
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

On behalf of HTguide, I just wanted to say WELCOME!
    We've got a great group of members here. I think that you'll find them to be one of the better assemblages of helpful, knowledgleable and experienced groups on the web. Not to mention, POLITE and FREINDLY. There's no room for Aud-Ego's here. Enjoy your stay, and feel free to ask anything you want. Or contribute any information you may have. It's all good.

You would probably be better off asking a question of this nature in the Home Theater area. It's my contention that just about any speaker will sound pretty good with the ROTEL gear. So you'll get a better repsonse to the speaker question itself.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I agree Rock Dog so I'm going to move this thread to the HT area.

Comment

• sdecker
        • Jun 2002

I use klipsch Kg series speakers and love the combo. The Rotel takes the edge off the horns, but still allows that great Klipsch sound.

Earle

Comment

• Danbry39
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2002

The Rotel will match up well sonically with just about any speaker brand. Unless the speaker is super power thirsty, you should just pick out the sound you enjoy most. By power thirsty, I'm not referring to the virtually meaningless "Max Power" listings, but to the speaker's sensitivity. Anything above 87-88 decibels should work out fine in that sized room, unless you like playing the things very loud. Now, SDecker can drive his Klipsch to reference levels (I own Klipsch too) with only a few watts because they're so efficient. If possible, audition with the Rotel. If not, just make sure there's a good return policy just in case.

By the way, congrats on buying one of the very best receivers made.

Keith
          Keith

Comment

• RedStep
            • Sep 2002

I have heard Rotel with B&W several times and was well pleeeesed.
            Then again any speaker more than your average car would be fine also :LOL:

RedStep
            We are truly a product of the decisions we make
            RedStep
            We are truly a product of the decisions we make

Comment

• Matt Sprouls
              • Apr 2003

I have been happy with my Paradigm Monitors.
              But last week I listened to Thiel 1.6 and 2.4's.
              I am now in full fund raising mode.

The 1.6's were very nice. The 2.4's were everything the 1.6's had to offer and much more.

This was with the 1055 driving them.
              Regards,
              Matt

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"