X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Cheap 32" TV

My mother has asked me to pick out an inexpensive 32" television for her use. She has a budget of $400 to $500 to work with. I know that's not going to get her much in terms of quality but I thought maybe someone here had some specific brand/model recommendation in the budget category.

With her budget I don't even think a flat CRT is possible. I really hate the idea of anyone viewing one of those fishbowl screens.

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net
  • Eduardo
    Moderator emeritus
    • Jun 2002

Originally posted by SiliGoose
    I really hate the idea of anyone viewing one of those fishbowl screens.
    If you really feel that bad, you can get me a nice 32" Sony Flat screen. ;lx

http://home.nc.rr.com/ejimenez

Comment

• SiliGoose
      • Aug 2000

Just a 32"? Come on, if I'm gonna do anything I'll do it right. How about my 36" Wega XBR? :LOL:

-Sili
      www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

My choice:

This is a smaller, 2 year newer version of the 36" I bought in 2001, and I'm completely pleased with mine. Except for all the window reflections in the fishbowl screen, of course.

BB

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

What about some one of the AKAI or Apex 32" flat screens? They were at Costco pretty cheaply and apparently aren't that bad a TV.

Comment

• Rich B
            • Jun 2002

Sili:

I think that Sharp TV's are a great buy when on a budget. I bought a 36" model for my parents about 4 yrs ago. It's very nice picture for the $, with good basic non problems: meaning good geometry, negligible misconvergence and a nonrotated picture, all problems that seem to plague the fancy other brands. Also, the local retailers here in NJ have a flatscreen 32" Sharp for ~$400. Even if its not a flatscreen, it should still give you a nice pic.

Rich B.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"