X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tibor
    • Oct 2000

32" TV Help

I need a good 32" TV not much money just for my mom she has a 15 yr old Philips works okay just bad color and fading picture .
    Any Help would be great ?
  • Sonnie Parker
    • Jan 2002

Toshiba has a good price on their 32" models and reviews rave about them.

I say that with hesitation though, being the situation with my RPTV. I still believe mine is a blurp that is just gonna happen to some folks all along.

My dad just bought a 27" Sylvania from Sam's Wholesale for $199. He said they had the 32" models for $299. That's the lowest I know of for a 32". The 27" has a good picture IMO, especially for no more money than what he spent.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• Brandon B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2001

Bought the second nicest 36" regular old curve tube Tosh last year for plain TV viewing, and its been great.

It's heavy as crap, but great.

BB

Comment

• JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000

CostCo often has some very reasonable deals on Toshiba direct views- especially the budget models - I've directed several friends to those, and they've been very happy. Also bought some 20" sets for kids. All have worked fine.

Ask ThomasW about "Living the CostCo life"....

He's the Martha Steward of CostCo living. :LOL:

Sonnie-

Sorry about the "glitch" with your Toshiba RPTV. It's not characteristics of the brand in general; we've got a 50" Tosh RPTV that I bought in 1996 and gave to my daughter the next year- she uses it all the time in her room, and it's worked flawlessly- particuarly after getting a service menu and doing a full cal. It's got a very nice picture for a conventional NTSC TV.

Happy Holidays!

-Jon

Earth First!
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

In Development...
        Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
        Obi-Wan
        Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
        Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

I've owned a 36 inch Tosh direct view for 2 or 3 years now and love it.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
            • Jan 2002

Yeah Jon, that's what I keep reading everywhere, it's just not the typical for Toshiba.... I just happened to get a bad apple.

Oh well, Toshiba is now wanting to just send me a new set instead of fixing this one. I'd rather fix this one but I have to live with their decision. Afterall the warranty does say replace or repair at their option.

Based on what I've read, I'd have to say Toshiba is a good brand to buy (or else I wouldn't have bought one to begin with).

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

Comment

• JonMarsh
              Mad Max Moderator
              • Aug 2000

Hi Sonnie,

I imagine it's disappointing to need to wait for a new set, but they may have good reasons for doing it that way. There's some level of repairs which may be best left to the factory.

I just got back from exchanging gifts with an old friend who used to be my manager at work (for 16 years); he's got two Toshiba 57H82's, bought earlier this year after I urged him to take a look at it as an upgrade for his 32" direct view Sony. He liked it so much for his small dedicated AV room, that he bought another one for the bedroom! Then he had to get Direct TV with HD.NET and HBO so he'd have something classy to watch on it!

While a quick glance shows we need to touch up the convergence slightly (expect to do this maybe once every three months the first year, then every six months or so there after), he's been super pleased with the performance on both HD sources and DVD. I'm sure you will be in the long run, too!

Best regards,

Jon

Earth First!
              M8ta
              Modula Neo DCC
              Modula MT XE
              Modula Xtreme
              Isiris
              Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
              Minerva Monitor
              Calliope
              Ardent D

In Development...
              Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
              Obi-Wan
              Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
              Modula PWB
              Calliope CC Supreme
              Natalie P Ultra
              Natalie P Supreme
              Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
              Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                • Jan 2002

I appreciate the vote of confidence in Toshiba. It helps me feel better believing that my new set will be okay.

Really I'm okay with a new set and the fact I'll get it quicker than having to wait for repairs on this one I have now. I'm a fairly understanding and patient fella most of the time and Toshiba has been extremely nice to me and apologetic.

I tell ya, they answer the phone pronto when I call them, no wait times and seem to want to get the issue resolved quickly. That is a comforting sign as well.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"