X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"Fading Gigolo" DVD review

Fading Gigolo: When I first rented this I thought it was a Woody Allen film but it's not. It's a film by John Turturro and Woody simply is an actor in it. This is a light film about 2 friends that decide for money trouble reasons to start a male brothel of sorts. It's pegged as a comedy but it only flirts with the comedy aspect of things. It's really a light drama more like it.

This is not a fast film and plods along quite slowly. Is it good? Ya...sure it is. Is it a great film......not really........but it's good. What shines in this film is the cinematography and the beautiful women in it. It's 90 mins long but it feels longer as it plods along. There are a few giggles in this movie but like I said above, it's hardly what I would call an outright comedy. My favorite woman to gawk at is the beautiful Liev Schreiber! I couldn't keep my eyes off her!

7/10 stars for a good, entertaining and well shot movie! :T
    Dan Madden :T
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by madmac

Fading Gigolo: When I first rented this I thought it was a Woody Allen film but it's not. It's a film by John Turturro and Woody simply is an actor in it. This is a light film about 2 friends that decide for money trouble reasons to start a male brothel of sorts. It's pegged as a comedy but it only flirts with the comedy aspect of things. It's really a light drama more like it.

This is not a fast film and plods along quite slowly. Is it good? Ya...sure it is. Is it a great film......not really........but it's good. What shines in this film is the cinematography and the beautiful women in it. It's 90 mins long but it feels longer as it plods along. There are a few giggles in this movie but like I said above, it's hardly what I would call an outright comedy. My favorite woman to gawk at is the beautiful Liev Schreiber! I couldn't keep my eyes off her!

7/10 stars for a good, entertaining and well shot movie! :T
    This Liev Schreiber? Must be quite the special effects team. :lol:

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"