X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

RPTV problem

Well I went to demo my system today to an old friend but something looked horribly wrong with the picture from my Toshiba RPTV. After making sure it wasn't the cable I pulled the screen off to find the red gun was not firing...anyone know how much it will cost to replace a gun?

• George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

It probably varies by maker, Andrew, but I have a son who is a tech for a commercial AV company. They sell mostly Sony and I recall my son saying that replacing tubes on FPs ran anywhere from $700 to $1000 per gun. Thing is, it may not be the tube itself. Looks like a service call is in order.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Andrew,

Yeah, what George says. It could be the power supply or a connector. Hopefully, anyway.

FWIW, on the Mitsu's Diamond models, a good friend's first set had trouble with the guns and the service tech mentioned that it was a good thing their set was new, since after the warranty runs out, the guns in the 65" are about $1500 a piece! 8O

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Thats' what I'm affraid off...having to replace the whole set...if I do I'll either go widescreen or buy a projector..either way though we could be without a TV for a while

Comment

• Uncle Clive
          Former Moderator
          • Jan 2002

I am sorry too Andrew. The store where I worked part time to help out a friend did some service and I remember ordering a tube for a Tosh like yours and it was $829.00 plus install. They maybe less expensive now. However please have them run diagnostics first because the circuit board sometimes get hit. One thing for sure DO NOT use the tv set until you are sure and it's been fixed. You will damage and/or shorten the life of the other tubes and the board. Call for service.

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
          CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Really is a big bummer! I mean, geesh, you have barely had your theater built, and this.

Service call or replace with FP, what else is there?

Goodluck!

Lex
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Daryl Furkalo
              • Feb 2002

Sorry to hear about your RPTV problems. Replacing a CRT gun is always not very cheap, I hope it is simpler than that.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"