X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robbie
    • Aug 2000

Any Rumors???

Anyone hear anything interesting about next years TVs coming out? I haven't heard much and the CES news wasn't very promising. Just trying to narrow my choices down (still).

Thanx

Robbie
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

I think the lady next door is dating the FedEx man.

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Panny is introducing a 16X9 RPTV, 47" diagonal, for an MSRP of only $2K. That may not seem radical to some, but it will (at least for a while) be a new benchmark for 16X9 sets for size vs. cost. Compare with Toshiba 40H80, at about $2600-2995 MSRP.

-Jon

Earth First!
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Lexman
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2000

LOL Sili, that's the Sili I know and avoid. haha.

jon, is that an HD set? Tell me it ain't so? I mean that it is so?

Lex

Comment

• JonMarsh
          Mad Max Moderator
          • Aug 2000

You know, Lex, actually, when I check the fine print, I guess is says "Widescreen VHS Ready". Dang, I knew there had to be a catch!

See below; with this kind of documentation, I guess it takes it out of the realm of "rumors".

Regards,

Jon

PANASONIC LEADS IN DIGITAL TV
          More Choices Than Ever Offered In Digital TV

LAS VEGAS (January, 2001)
          Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company (PCEC) dazzled Consumer Electronics Show goers with its exciting new line of television products for 2001, highlighted by a broad range of Tau PureFlatā„¢ flat-screen direct-view televisions, digital projection sets, plasma displays, state-of-the-art Digital Light Processing technology, a new line of 16:9 widescreen LCD screen models and the company's first Internet televisions.

"We believe that the 2001 Panasonic television line-up is the strongest in the industry," said Bill Mannion, general manager of PCEC's Television and Network Systems Division. "From high-quality, flat screen analog sets, to digital-ready widescreen rear-projection monitors, to exciting new concepts like LCD widescreen sets and Internet televisions, we're offering more choices in state-of-the-art technology than ever before."

A comprehensive line of direct-view Tau PureFlat televisions - models with perfectly flat screens - in both digital and analog models will be available in an expanded variety of screen sizes. Enhancements in video, audio and convenience features can be found throughout the line. Feature highlights include: three-line digital comb filter, velocity modulated scan, video input picture memory, powerful audio system with BBE* high definition sound, and smart new cabinet finishes.

New for this year, the video input picture memory feature "remembers" optimal, user-selected settings for different video sources, such as DVD. Viewers can then switch between sources without having to readjust settings like contrast or brightness, to get the best possible picture from every medium. BBEĀ® sound processing technology is a new audio enhancement that gives music a great "live" presence. Highs are clear, naturally brilliant and finely detailed. Lows are tight, well defined and harmonically rich.

The Tau PureFlat DTV-capable models promise the best picture quality available today, and the readiness for the digital content of the future. Whether analog or digital, one thing remains constant throughout the Panasonic line: picture quality so incredible, it must be experienced for oneself. Tau PureFlat TV introductions are scheduled for April through August, 2001.

In projection sets, Panasonic is introducing a new 47-inch (diagonal screen measurement) rear-projection 16:9 widescreen DTV-compatible* (1080i/480p) model, expected to ship in May, 2000 with a targeted manufacturer's retail price (MSRP) of approximately $2,000.00. Additional projection TV models will be available in screen sizes ranging from 51 inches to 65 inches. DTV-compatible models feature a built-in progressive scan doubler. All the new projection sets feature a great, user-friendly function: nine-point menu convergence control. This feature gives users finely tuned control of the set's convergence. Other features include BBE sound, two-tuner split-screen P-I-P, and new lighted home theater remote control.

This year, Panasonic enters the LCD screen category with three sleek, elegant models that offer brilliant, high resolution picture quality and impressive stereo sound. Combining extraordinary features, exceptional craftsmanship and graceful design, the desk-top sets will be available in 15-inch and 22-inch (diagonal screen measurement) 16:9 screen sizes. Models TC-15LT1 and TC-22LT1 feature a host of image enhancement features to maximize picture quality, built-in stereo speakers, 3D Y/C digital comb filter, surround sound audio, S-Video and component video inputs, game mode, and sleep timer. Weighing only about 12 pounds, the TC-15LT1 is also wall-mountable. Destined to grace the CEO's desk is the sophisticated TC-15DT2 - a 15-inch, 16:9 widescreen LCD TV with a built-in progressive scan DVD player. The TC-15DT2 features a built-in Dolby Digital/dts decoder, double bass boost and 5.1 channel audio output. Shipments of model TC-15LT1 began in November, 2000. It has an MSRP of $1,999.95. Model TC-22LT1 began shipping to retailers in late December, 2000, and has an MSRP of $4,999.95. The TC-15DT2 is expected to ship in late January, 2001, and will have an MSRP of $3,499.95.

This year, Panasonic proudly presents its first Internet** televisions. These sets offer a great television picture as well as easy, convenient Internet access. Available in 27-inch and 32-inch (diagonal screen measurement) screen sizes, the new sets feature "plug and play" simplicity with built-in 56K modem, wireless phone jack, wireless keyboard, wireless mouse, and Ethernet connection capability (DSL). Consumers can begin to enjoy this product right out of the box. The two-tuner P-I-P function allows users to easily switch between video and Internet content, and even to "surf and watch" simultaneously. The main and inset screen images are interchangeable.

The CT-27D41 and CT-32D41 will represent one of the best values for consumers this year, with planned MSRPs of $549.00 and $849.00, respectively. Both models are scheduled for Summer, 2001. The PT-42PD2-P 42-inch (diagonal screen measurement) 16:9 widescreen plasma panel display delivers brilliant, razor-sharp images from almost any viewing angle. At only 3.5 inches thick, it creates an incredible impact whether hung on a wall, built into an entertainment system or placed on its elegant pedestal stand. The PT-42PD2-P boasts an unprecedented contrast ratio of 3000:1, setting a new standard for the industry. This set displays 480i/480p digital video as well as analog signals. The PT-42PD2-P is currently available and has an MSRP of $10,999.00. Panasonic plans to introduce a 50-inch (diagonal screen measurement) high definition plasma display in Spring, 2001.

Model PT-52DL10 incorporates state-of-the-art Digital Light Processingā„¢ (DLPā„¢) technology to create an astonishingly brilliant picture. Newly developed wide-angled diffusion screen panel technology provides an incredible viewing expanse and distortion-free brightness and clarity from almost any viewing angle. Whether viewed in dark or light viewing environments, the 52-inch (diagonal screen measurement) PT-52DL10 delivers a consistently sharp, brilliant, picture from corner to corner of its 16:9 screen. The PT-52DL10 displays images in 720p native resolution. It is available now and has an MSRP of $12,999.00., including optional stand.

Panasonic consumer television products are marketed in the United States by Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company (PCEC), a division of Matsushita Electric Corporation of America (MECA). MECA is the principal North American subsidiary of Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd., (NYSE/PCX:MC), one of the world's largest producers of electronic and electric products for consumer, business and industrial use.

All prices are in U.S. dollars. Consumers seeking more information on the company's products can call Panasonic's Customer Call Center at 800-211-PANA or access Panasonic's home page at www.panasonic.com. Media interested in press releases can access them via Internet Keyword: Panasonic Press Room (http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/pressroom/), or through New Directions Public Relations' toll-free fax-back system at 888-734-7490. Dolby, Pro Logic and Dolby Digital are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories Licensing Corp. dts is a trademark of Digital Theater Systems, L.P.

Earth First!
          M8ta
          Modula Neo DCC
          Modula MT XE
          Modula Xtreme
          Isiris
          Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
          Minerva Monitor
          Calliope
          Ardent D

In Development...
          Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
          Obi-Wan
          Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
          Modula PWB
          Calliope CC Supreme
          Natalie P Ultra
          Natalie P Supreme
          Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
          Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Huskerduck
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Oct 2000

It is infact their 47" 16x9 HDTV that will be in the near vacinity of $2k

Mark

Ducks Meager Theater
            Mark

Ducks Meager Theater

Comment

• Robbie
              • Aug 2000

Yea I read the article and am interested to check out the Panny when she comes out but that's about all I got out of the CES. I didn't see anything major with Mits or Tosh. I could have missed something but I think it's just one of those price point years (I'm not complaining)

Robbie

Comment

• Huskerduck
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Oct 2000

Not sure about Tosh but I would put this from Mits in the semi "major" category

Mitsubishi Announces 1394 Integrated High-Definition Television and Networking Strategy

IRVINE, CA, March 14, 2001-Mitsubishi Digital Electronics America, Inc. (MDEA) today announced its strategy for the 2001 introduction of integrated high-definition televisions (featuring built-in digital receivers) with networking capability.
                The company specifically announced the fall introduction of several HDTVs with integrated digital receivers, IEEE 1394 high-speed serial bus circuitry with 5C copy protection, and HAVi (Home Audio Video interoperability) control software. Specific roll-out dates, screen sizes and pricing will be announced at MDEA's National Dealer Line Show in early May in Long Beach, CA.

Mitsubishi also reported it is in discussions with a number of consumer electronics companies to license Mitsubishi's Promise Module technology, which enables the upgradability of equipment to be compatible with HDTV receiver-decoders, IEEE 1394 networking, 5C copy protection and HAVi software.
                "

Mark

Ducks Meager Theater
                Mark

Ducks Meager Theater

Comment

• Robbie
                  • Aug 2000

Well at least Mits has something to announce. Still seems to be kind of a light year.

Robbie

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"