X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDTHOM
    • Dec 2015

What to pair with Klipsch RF-3-II towers

I'm just getting started on a inexpensive HT in my sports/game room. I grew up thinking that Bose was a great quality speaker. Obviously I had that all wrong.
    I recently purchased a pair of Klipsch RF-3-II towers with the matching center speakers for $316 and they sound fantastic, but what do I pair with these. I'm using a Yamaha receiver with a Polk audio sub and I own a few Bose cubes I could use for surround but love the full sound you get from the Klipsch. Also I love the Klipsch so much I'm already anticipating what to do to replace the woofer when the foam degrades. Any suggestions on additional pairing for my three speakers and what to do about replace the woofer
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by H.Donald
    I still have not gotten into Boston to hear the Paradigm 100s...the Sigs are way out of my budget at this time.The Klipsch,of course sounded great...but I believe in order to justify getting rid of my Paradigm surrounds and center....the 100s would have to be a total bust.If I decide to purchase the RF7s...I would,of course also have to buy the matching surrounds and center.I did love the Klipsch...but,this is a true dilemma.Further complicating matters...I have decided to upgrade the speakers on the main floor in home....oh well,that's another thread.
    I personally would go for Paradigm over Klipsch. I've heard many Klipsch speakers over the years and don't care for the sound of horn tweeters in general. But........that's just my opinion !!
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Moved to a new thread. You'll probably get more results outside of the Rotel forum.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Alaric
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by madmac
        I personally would go for Paradigm over Klipsch. I've heard many Klipsch speakers over the years and don't care for the sound of horn tweeters in general. But........that's just my opinion !!
        +1. While there have been some great speakers with horns , I would go with Paradigm over Klipsch without a second thought. In fact , after auditioning a lot of speakers , I did just that.
        Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
        Marantz PM-KI Pearl
        Schiit Modi 3
        Marantz CD5005
        Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"