X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klipscher
    • Mar 2014

AVR for Klipsch RF 82 II, advice needed

Hi, fellow HTers....I'm getting a Klipsch RF 82 II 5.0 soon, now I'm in a dilemma choosing an AVR to drive the speakers.

I can get a Yamaha RX-A1030 at the same price as Pioneer LX-57. The pioneer is pack with features compare to the Yamaha. But reading reviews online i'm worry to pair the Pio with the Klipsch. I hate harsch and bright sounding system. But I dont really know if the Klipsch RF82 II paired with the LX-57 would be bright or just nice.

Anyone with input pls just chip in....
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Yamaha is said to be about the brightest sound out there for AVR's......so if you think it's going to be more tame than the Pioneer you might be mistaken.

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I own a couple of Pioneer Avrs. They are a few generations removed as they do not have HDMI. The two do however seem to impart a mellow or laid back presentation. The VSX-27tx I've mated with M&K speakers, which some view as a bright. I have never owned a Yamaha amp or AVR. I have heard a few at various stores. Too many variables to really lean one way or the other on their sound from my time with them.
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Dmantis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2004

I suggest looking at the Pioneer Elite SC models. For you setup I suggest the Elite SC-72 or the SC-75. Both models will power your speakers with ease.
        You can go flagship in the SC-79 IF you need what it offers. The one thing that is very unique to this model is the built in USB DAC. If you do any computer music in High Rez like 24 bit stuff 48 and higher, this AVR is amazing. Not to mention is has more current to drive your speakers even better.

Pioneer Elite and Klipsch IMO are a perfect match. With the forward sound of the Horns and the warm dynamic sound of the SC , these 2 together make one hell of a home entertainment system.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"