DENONn AVR-3802 Vs ONKYO Vs YAMAHA Help!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • defender
    • Dec 2004

DENONn AVR-3802 Vs ONKYO Vs YAMAHA Help!!!!!

Hi, I am considering buying a HT equipment, I allready know the speakers ( B&W DM603,600, LCR60 and a asw650 sub) and the dvd player (ONKYO 502), but i have to make a decision on the AV receiver.
    In the store i go in Spain that's what i can get:

ONKYO TX-SR-602E---659 Euros
    ONKYO TX-SR-702E 1025 E
    yamaha rx V 1500---889 E
    yamaha rx V 2500 ---1099 E
    Denon AVR AVR-3802---699 E

The denon is a last-year model and its half priced, I guess it is the best deal thinking about power and so..but i am concerned about the lack of any auto-set up capabilities such as YPAO on the yammies. the onkyos have some equivalent feature also.

The use of the equipment will be movies and music also.

Wich AV receiver you recommend?????????????

Thanx in advance
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Defender,

I have not own any of these units. However, my brother in law has a Denon that he has been happy with. The HT dealer I go to sells a lot of the Yamaha. They say good performance as well as they are built to last. Finally, my parents got a Yamaha and been happy with it. Will your dealer let you demo these? If so, that will help you decide. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Defender, of the choices you have listed I would choose the Yamahas, because the Yahama has Dolby Pro Logic IIx and 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs.

Just my quick thoughts,

Azeke

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Defender,

I'm with Azeke on the Yamaha's - nice sounding units - especially the 2500

Geoff

Comment

• defender
          • Dec 2004

more on this...

Ok guys, thanx a lot for the answers....
          I've been doing some research and I found out some interesting things:

1) The denon 3082 doesn't allow crossover freq below 80Hz, FOr a 2 channel (with sub) listening I think the BW DM 603 can go to 60 Hz so I can send 60 Hz at least and below to the sub: Of course I have to test wich setting would be best, but I have this kind of set up in my stereo Hifi with BWDM604 and a Rel Strata III sub. I just think that for 2 channel listenning, its better to have as much bass as you can in the main speakers if they are good enough.
          2) The yamaha doesn't allow to use the sub in the pure direct mode, that's something I don't like being the BW sub musical enough to improve a 2 channel listening. It does have though a stereo mode that uses the sub but goes through the equalizers, that's something i can live with but I prefer to avoid.
          Any opinions on the onkyos? They are not very popular in this forum, aren't they good?
          The receiver that seems to gather all the things I'm looking for is the denon 2805( 1000 E), with hass corssover from 40 Hz, auto-setup, anf uses sub in pure direct mode.... The store Im going to buy the suff told me they had the denon 3805 and not the 2805..but I guess I can puss them to bring the 2805.
          The thing is that its a home-theater for my mum so I prefer to buy everything in a single physical store and forget about it...

Concerning the manual set up...well I dont have a SPL meter and never did it before..so I guess I could figure it out but I prefer the machine to do it itself
          Anyways..ill go and listen to them once they bring the BW 603 to the sotre...but probably if they cannont get me the Denon 2805..I guess the yammie could be the one..not sure yet though..any other suggestion or opinions?

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2003

Defender,

You talk of technicalities with the Recievers... Just remember sound quality as well for music and HT is the ultimate driver... I recommended the Yamaha (as an ex Denon owner) because of its sound quality which I find superior to the current Denon range...

So - listening is really important - your ears will tell you. Bring your own Cds and DVDs and listen at the same volule on the same speakers... You will know very quickly which is for you

Geoff

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"