X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boogts
    • Oct 2013

Yamaha DSP-A1 No sound

Ive tested the wires and speakers out with another deck, work fine. I also get test sound. I had this stored for about a year, fired it back up and can't get anything out of it on any input. Tried the factory reset as well. I've heard of some channels going out on these over time, but worked great last time it was powered. Any thoughts? Went through manual, no help. TIA!
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Two thoughts, do you have it muted? And do you maybe have something like the "Tape Monitor" enabled? Either one would inhibit normal sound output.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• boogts
      • Oct 2013

I looked into both of those, but nope, toggled both on and off, no change. Thanks for the reply!

I've tried connecting to the center speaker as well now, no change.

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Have you verified the A/B speaker selector is correct? Some AVR's do not use the same speaker post for surround output. Are you using the AM/FM to verify sound? I ask b/c it could eliminate a source being the problem.
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"