Pop/Hiss Probs - Does it happen when muted?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hamiltong
    • Feb 2003

Pop/Hiss Probs - Does it happen when muted?

Hello fellow Rotelians,

I have a 1068 / 1095 combo and I've noted some popping sounds from my speakers (mostly from the rear - as they are the closest).

The sound is more of a muffled static sound. It occurs randomly - maybe once every 5 - 10 mins.

I've noticed it on both my SAT 5100 PVR and my Xbox (most used sources).

It does not coincide with any source changes or pausing or volume control or power spikes (ie: fridge turning on).

Here's the kicker - It occurs whether the 1068 is muted or not.

My question is if anyone else is noticing these Pop/Hiss issues as well when they're preamp / receiver is muted?

FYI - My 1068 and 1095 each have their own dedicated 20 amp circuit seperate from the rest of the system. I'm not using any type of filtering or surge protection. I'm running the latest 1.2.1 software (problem was always there - regardless of which s/w version used).

thx. -gh
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Sounds like you have one with the solder problem. Call your dealer and have a new one sent out.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"