X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Yamaha Aventage RX-A820 for $479 vs $899 msrp from Newegg.com

Just thought I'd let anyone know that is looking for a VERY nice receiver that this one is on sale until 7/1 at newegg.com..

The rebate code on the webpage gives you $420 off the receiver making it really worth it. 4K + 3D passthrough on it. And I have to say, hands down Yamaha has the best App of any of the manufacturers. It's almost perfect as a remote, music player, and whatever else you'd like it to do. I think it even makes Pancakes. LOL.

Anyways, if you're looking for a second stereo setup or HT receiver at a great price... this is the way to do it!
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

The lower end receivers still have sort of a limited App, not sure about this one though, at that price I'd expect the app to be full featured. Pioneers app for nearly all of their receivers was crap last time I used it. Extremely basic.

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

Any of the Aventage have the full yamaha app. It's the lower models that are limited. This is the top line of their receivers.

The app is awesome I have to say. Only issue I have with it is you can't bring up a keyboard to search for music, you just have the different ways it's listed. Which isn't a big deal as looking through the multiple ways of seeing the files listed or viewing by artist, album, genre, etc are just as easy to find things. Each update they add more and more to it and make it function better. It's pretty impressive.
      -Dan

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

I love my A-1000 and the app is great (especially since the remote is not backlit--in the cave, the app is quite useful). No glitches with mine (I've had it for 18 months). Wouldn't hesitate to get another Yamaha if the need arose.

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

I have to say after about 3 hours with A820... it's pretty darn impressive... even on the speakers I have (PE $40 ones). Definitely for the price that was on sale... yeah, it was well worth it. Makes me want to hear the A3030 or CX5000 now.
          -Dan

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"