X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hrsturbo123
    • Feb 2013

4 front tower speakers

Hi, new to ht and was reading about bi amping my tower speakers and wondered if it would be better to get another two identical tower speakers side by side left and right existing ones and split the bi amp between the two each side?
    Surely this would give more sound improvement than bi amping two speakers alone?

I have not found an example of anyone doing this as yet :B
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

I would say that's a big no. You're going to create more issues then better sound going that route.

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Welcome to the forum Hrsturbo123 !!. I agree with Hdale on this one. Don't complicate things. In addition to agreeing with him above, you will be needlessly taxing your amp and only duplicating issues. Now, if you want to use additional identical speakers for surrounds then that is a good idea!!. Even the idea of getting better sound by Bi-amping is subject to debate.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I'll also add a welcome! :banana:

I'm in agreement with the guys--I would not use two speakers per channel. Just sonically, you're going to get interference between the two and create extra sound nulls.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

The only place I use multi speakers for one channel is the surrounds. What I do is use one per row of seats in a dedicated room. This really fill the room well and gives more good seats in the house.
          The front sound stage always only has one speaker per channel including the surround back channels in a 6 or 7.1 system.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"