using in ceiling for back 4 channels when against rear wall?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clearwaterms
    • Nov 2006

using in ceiling for back 4 channels when against rear wall?

I am getting ready to start wiring up my basement for my home theatre. I realize that the space that I have is a comprimise and isn't ideal, however I am hoping everybody can assist me and help me pick the idea locations for the speakers. Also I am hoping everybody can suggest if I should attempt 7.1 over 5.1. I have attached an image of the layout of the space (it is currently in construction so actual pictures are not practical just yet) I plan to use the Dayton inwall speakers that I have read alot of positive reviews about. I am planning on using the 6.5" 2 ways for each of my front three channels and was originally planning on using a pair for the rears as well. I sit along the back wall of the room so I was thinking of using in ceiling for the rear channels.

Nothing has been purchased yet, so any comments, parts suggestions, etc will be considered. Please remember that I have a little flexability on the price but won't be able to buy $500 a piece in wall speakers since I have currently budgeted the Dayton's at a price of $70 a pair.

• Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I don't think you have the ideal room for 7.1 and I would not have the center rears right above you any way. I would do just a pair of in-ceilings directly to the sides of the couch. Maybe slightly more towards the back wall.

If Dayton has any angled in-ceilings, that would be better as well.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

I'd go 6.1 or go 7.1 with using front height presence channels instead if your receiver supports it. Otherwise the speakers are going to be setup a bit funky.

Comment

• dyazdani
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
        I don't think you have the ideal room for 7.1 and I would not have the center rears right above you any way. I would do just a pair of in-ceilings directly to the sides of the couch. Maybe slightly more towards the back wall.
        My parent's living room is set up much the same way, at least as far as the sectional and TV placement. They did exactly what Kevin suggested - you can't quite see the surrounds in this picture, but they're in-ceiling, just off-picture to the left - above and a bit behind the sectional.

Danish

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"