X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmak
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2002

In-Wall/Ceiling

What are some good in-wall speakers, they need to be ceiling mounted. Should they have their own enclosures? That would probably help with overall performance. I'm thinking of putting ceiling speakers in our bedroom, and want to start the long shopping process. I've started looking at paradigm reference and B&W any others I should investigate. I'm thinking of a budget around $3K canadian. Is that reasonable?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Ken, try some of these threads

There's lot's of good one's available from most of the usual brands (B&W, Energy, PSB, Paradigm etc). Mostly a decision based on budget and personal preference.

However I will add that on or in-wall/ceiling speakers are never going to sound as good comparable cost/quality free standing speakers. Is there any way you can get small, attractive towers/bookshelves instead?
    Jason

Comment

• Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001

For in wall HT, then I would look no further than Triad.

For casual music listening or Multi room purposes the Paradigm SA15R's are great and do have quite nice bass response which is something people want in a good in ceiling speaker. My friend bought several sets for $250 a pair.

Comment

• kmak
        Super Senior Member
        • Dec 2002

Thanks Guys,

I would love to put B&W 800D in the bedroom, but they have to seamlessly integrate with the "motif" lol.

I thought of small inconpicuous Omnisat or Take 5, but they would still be too obtrusive. I want to move my Rotel receiver (oldie but a goodie RSX-965) to power these and maybe get a small high excursion sub like a used Sunfire True Sub Jr. This all may be a pipedream because then I need separates to replace the receiver in the family room.

It never hurts to dream, my new bedroom TV is wicked by the way. I'm glad I bought the Sony 42" LCD RPTV instead of the flat panel. It saved me over 1 K!

Shane, the Paradigms look like a possible contender. I would like to run a pair into the dining room also, from the same source. That doesn't sound too bad cost wise either hmmmmmmm.

Jason, thanks alot for the "no matches" thread :rofl:

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Oh I guess that doesn't work.... sorry ...hee hee

Try searching for "in-wall", there was lot's of info
          Jason

Comment

• kmak
            Super Senior Member
            • Dec 2002

Those B&W CT 800 look affordable

Comment

• ekkoville
              • Aug 2004

You know, the Triads get a lot of press as some of the best. I have read that RBH CinemaSite inwalls are great as well. They have a similar enclosure design that the Triad's have.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"