X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JeremyG
    • Sep 2008

Belkin PureAV PF30

I've been looking for a power conditioner/suppressor for some time, but can't commit. I hear a few people here use the Belkin PureAV PF60's. Anybody use the PureAV PF30? It looks like it may have most of the same features. Amazon has a killer deal on it right know. I guess my concern is if it uses MOV's, and whether they actually limit current flow. I have a 46" LCD, an AppleTV, a blu-ray player, a Marantz SR7001 receiver and a BFD to plug in. I've been looking at Furman, but this may be a deal.

Anybody have any advice?

Thanks,

Jeremy
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

The PF-30 employs the same exact technology as the PF-60, just less of it (pairs of outlets on the same filter bank in the PF-30 versus each outlet on its own filter bank in the PF-60). In addition, each model has a high current outlet bank. Both models employ MOVs which don't limit current since they're connected in parallel with the power line. I've used a PF-60 with my HT system for a few years now and can't say I've heard any negative effects.

The concern some people have with MOVs is they wear out eventually from taking repeated surges, and can sometimes audibly conduct on voltage peaks. MOVs are fine when their operating ratings are carefully chosen, and premature wear and sonic effects can be mitigated. I use MOVs in my DIY projects without issue. Like with any power conditioning product, performance is subjective but I would not hesitate to grab up a good deal on a PF-30.

Comment

• JeremyG
      • Sep 2008

Thanks, Glen. I've decided to get one. Can't pass up the price for what I need.

Jeremy

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"