X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maseline_98
    • Apr 2005

BIC America Acoustech

My brother-in-law was looking at these on craigslist and wanted to know more about them. I did some google searches and didn't find much. He said, "They look like yours".

It's a BIC America Acoustech (2)HT-75-fronts, (1)HT-6-center, (2)HT63-surrounds, and (1)H100-sub. The guys wants $700 (OBO) for the package. I'm not familar with the brand, but they are horn-loaded. Any ideas?

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
    Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

• Jul 2004

How well did you search ? There's quite a bit of information on the current speakers, including owners' threads on AVS Forum and Audioholics. I remember models from the original BIC Venturi line of the 1970s being reviewed in Stereo Review Magazine as being okay performers. The current products do bear a very close resemblance to Klipsch speakers.

Discover high-quality audio components and speakers at BIC America. Our products deliver audiophile-grade performance at affordable prices. Trust our rave reviews and superior customer service to help you find the perfect audio solution.

This website is for sale! bicacoustechspeakers.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, bicacoustechspeakers.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• maseline_98
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Glen B
      How well did you search ? There's quite a bit of information on the current speakers, including owners' threads on AVS Forum and Audioholics. I remember models from the original BIC Venturi line of the 1970s being reviewed in Stereo Review Magazine as being okay performers. The current products do bear a very close resemblance to Klipsch speakers.

Discover high-quality audio components and speakers at BIC America. Our products deliver audiophile-grade performance at affordable prices. Trust our rave reviews and superior customer service to help you find the perfect audio solution.

This website is for sale! bicacoustechspeakers.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, bicacoustechspeakers.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...ad.php?t=12693
      Thanks for links. I ended up talking the guy down to $550. I think it's an okay deal(even if they are subpar). The sub seems to be the winner out of the group. I think my brother-in-law will be happy it with(especially moving from a wireless HTIB, which was pure crap)....

I was actually looking for definitive side-by-side comparisons to other speakers(i.e. lower-end klipsch, polk, etc), but the reviews I've seen seem to think that it is a pretty good "starter" system. I did see that they were selling for $699 new at costco a few years back. That is probably why the guy decided to come down in price. Had I knew that before, I probably would have offered less....

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
      Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

• xyrium
        • Nov 2009

Interesting that you bring them up. They have certainly been around for a few decades, and their 6.5 inch ported 2 way did receive quite a bit of acclaim for the price back in the day.

Regardless, the interesting part is that I recently ordered their outdoor kevlar speakers. I emailed the manufacturer about the claimed 37Hz FR, and they agreed that it was a -6dB point. hwoever, for a small sealed box using a 6.5" woofer, even 50Hz would have been impressive. The manufacturer replied the very next day, which bodes well for communications at least.

We shall see, as I'll take some measurements when they get here.... I say go for it, and good luck!
        Paul

Comment

• asfdasdfasdf
          • Jan 2012

I know that this is a dead thread, but @xyrium I just received info from the manufacture that there tolerance is actually +/-3dB for frequency response. They cannot provide graphical measurements at this time

The specifications for frequency response are +/-3dB.

I do not have frequency response graphs. To be meaningful, the measurement environment would have to be specified, and response curves shown at a maximum of 15-degree angles horizontally and vertically around the axial output.

Fred for BIC America Service.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"