50" Samnsung a450 Plasma mount??? Which one should I buy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maseline_98
    • Apr 2005

50" Samnsung a450 Plasma mount??? Which one should I buy?

My sister and her husband just bought a 50" Samsung plasma(she didn't tell me the exact model number) last week and was asking me about a mount for it. The guy at sears told them that they should get some $270 mount and I told them that they could find one online for much cheaper. My question is: Can any mount (for their size) work to mount it. They obviously want it to tilt, but don't necessarily need to to swivel.
    Last edited by maseline_98; 02 February 2010, 10:49 Tuesday.

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
    Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

• Mar 2006

You can go to various websites for mount manufacturers and vendors and enter the model number of the Samsung to see what is compatible with it. Many, many will be.
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• maseline_98
      • Apr 2005

Well...I spoke to my brother-in-law and it appears that they have samsung a450 plasma. I was looking on part-express and I can't really tell which mount is better than others(of course, I'm looking at the dayton mount because of price...sanus are just too expensive). Any ideas?

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
      Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Just make sure you get a good quality one as that TV is not light. Generally most of the mounts are universal and have mounting holes for many different TV's. But should be able to find a good one for around 100 bucks probably.

Comment

• maseline_98
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Dougie085
          Just make sure you get a good quality one as that TV is not light. Generally most of the mounts are universal and have mounting holes for many different TV's. But should be able to find a good one for around 100 bucks probably.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882101066

I was thinking along the lines of something a little cheaper:

this one

the TV is 81 lbs and the bracket says that it will hold up to 175 lbs...

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

You said they wanted it to tilt. Honestly I wouldn't go crazy cheap but that's just me... 63 bucks even is pretty crazy cheap for a 50" wall mount. Either way a lot better then spending 200-300 in stores. But that one should work either way, just make sure it's mounted real well.

Comment

• Ntruder
              • Jan 2010

I have two of these and I HIGHLY recommend it. One holds a Samsung plasma, the other holds a Pioneer Elite plasma. Very solid, a breeze to install, easy to level, DIRT cheap. Goes in and out, tilts up and down, and turns left and right. This type of mount is $300 at BB

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

Yea that is a nice one, I forgot monoprice sold mounts.

Comment

• Blindamood
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Ntruder
                  I have two of these and I HIGHLY recommend it. One holds a Samsung plasma, the other holds a Pioneer Elite plasma. Very solid, a breeze to install, easy to level, DIRT cheap. Goes in and out, tilts up and down, and turns left and right. This type of mount is $300 at BB

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
                  Nice. I'm glad you guys are discussing these, 'cause I may need one soon. The one above won't work for me because our studs down here are not a consistent 16" OC. However, they also have a tilting mount that looks like it would work for only $24 bucks!

BTW, they also have my favorite wall plates as well, to neatly finish off the project.
                  Brad

Comment

• maseline_98
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Ntruder

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
                    My brother-in-law said that they want to mount above their fireplace(they do not use it). He said he was going to mount it in the brick....I didn't tell him it was a bad idea because I didn't know and wanted to do some more research for him...

EDIT...also too bad they are charging $26.45 for shipping....

Comment

• Hdale85
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2006

Well 75 bucks for a full motion mount is pretty cheap. For what it sounds like they want to spend I think it's going to have to be a stationary mount that doesn't stilt or swivel.

Comment

• maseline_98
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Dougie085
                        Well 75 bucks for a full motion mount is pretty cheap. For what it sounds like they want to spend I think it's going to have to be a stationary mount that doesn't stilt or swivel.

lol...it's not about what I want to spend. I would buy that thing in a heartbeat. I just don't want them to have to pay $25 for shipping and then not be able to use and have to ship it back and ultimately have to go with something else. The tricky thing is where he wants to mount it. I just don't know if they are going to be able to mount it above their fireplace like that...

Comment

• Hdale85
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Jan 2006

I understand, If you are mounting into brick then you don't really have to worry about studs you just need the special anchors for mounting into brick. I'm pretty sure any of these mounts will attach to the Samsung Plasma.

Comment

• maseline_98
                            • Apr 2005

They ended up going with the $24 one($36 shipped). I'll let you guys know how it worked out...Thanks for your input...

Comment

• numberoneoppa
                              • Sep 2009

I swear by monoprice!
                              -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

• Blindamood
                                • Sep 2003

Finally mounted!

Reopening an old thread to report that I have finally mounted my Toshiba Regza using the mount that I purchased from Monoprice (based on this discussion). I went with the slightly heavier version (PREMIUM Adjustable Tilting 2.5mm Wall Mount Bracket), which was only about $8 more. It's really quite amazing how much more some other companies charge for a very similar product.

So...on to the results. I've posted a couple of pictures that show the (almost) final result. Still left to do is move the cable box down below with the other components, and purchase some sort of top for the cabinet, such as black granite. Otherwise it's finished, including running the cables through the wall using the wall plates I referenced above. The best part is that I now have my center channel speaker back in my setup, and it's almost perfectly aligned (vertically) with the L/R speakers -- sweet!
                                Attached Files
                                Brad

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"