Is it possible to connect any receiver to a Pc?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AwArEnEsS
    • Nov 2009

Is it possible to connect any receiver to a Pc?

Is it possible to connect any(every) receiver to a Pc?
    The universe arises from definitionless awareness.
  • whoaru99
    • Jul 2004

Pretty much, as long as the PC has a line out or headphone jack, the receiver has an unused set of inputs (except Phono), and you get the appropriate cable.
    There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• AwArEnEsS
      • Nov 2009

Thanks for your answer.Can you give examples of a few suitable receiver's inputs' names?
      Last edited by AwArEnEsS; 22 December 2009, 13:01 Tuesday.

Comment

• whoaru99
        • Jul 2004

Rec In, Aux, CD, etc. Like I said, pretty much any input except for the one called Phono (if you have that option).
        There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• AwArEnEsS
          • Nov 2009

I want to list the inputs/outputs of the receiver which I am planning to buy,and if you can help me which inputs I can use to connect to a computer I will be glad,I just want to be totally sure.

From the manual:

Digital input/output section:Optical in jacks,coaxial in jack-Connects to a DVD player, etc. The COAXIAL jack provides a better sound quality

Video/Audio Input/Output section:Audio in/out jacks(White L,Red R),Video in/out jacks(Yellow)-Connects to a vcr,dvd player,etc.

Audio input/output section:Audio in jacks(White L,Red R)-Connects to a Super Audio cd player,cd player,etc.

(it's not full hdmi)Hdmi in/out jacks(Connects to a satellite tuner,DVD player or a Blu-ray disc player.The image and the sound are output to a TV

Can I connect any type of ht or hifi speakers to a hifi/ht receiver?
          Additionally,if I wanted to connect my speakers to the receiver via biamping,which inputs it would need?

It will be my first receiver so almost I don't know anything about it.

Comment

• Glen B
            Super Senior Member
            • Jul 2004

Your PC can be connected to any of the red/white RCA audio inputs, including the ones for the composite video inputs. You can connect any speakers, as long as you follow the receiver manufacturer's recommendations regarding the minimum acceptable load impedance.

IMHO, you would gain little or no benefit biamping with the average multichannel receiver. You may find rated output power dropping significantly as you try to drive four or more channels at the same time. Even if the receiver could deliver its rated output into that many channels, you would be taxing its power supply significantly, defeating one of the reasons for biamping.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"