X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markjrho
    • Sep 2005

7 channel Amp

Hi, I am seriously considering the purchase of a Cary Cinema 7 amp, amongst other 5 channel amps. I have a five channel set-up consisting of the Def. Tech PM700 up front, with the powered CLR2500, and BPX's in the rear. Pre-Pro is Integra DHC 40.1.

Will there be any problems running five of the amp's seven channels?

Thanks a lot.
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by markjrho
    Hi, I am seriously considering the purchase of a Cary Cinema 7 amp, amongst other 5 channel amps. I have a five channel set-up consisting of the Def. Tech PM700 up front, with the powered CLR2500, and BPX's in the rear. Pre-Pro is .

Will there be any problems running five of the amp's seven channels?

Thanks a lot.
    None also you could bi-amp the two front channels : How do you like the Integra DHC 40.1
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• markjrho
      • Sep 2005

Thanks. Bi-amping, is that the same as bridging channels? The Integra is a sweet piece of gear, but admittedly, I haven't played with it much yet. But that will change soon, I hope.

Comment

• whoaru99
        • Jul 2004

Thanks. Bi-amping, is that the same as bridging channels? The Integra is a sweet piece of gear, but admittedly, I haven't played with it much yet. But that will change soon, I hope.

No, biamping is not at all like bridging. Bridging actually increases the power delivered to your speakers rather substantially. Biamping in this manner does not, although there may be benefits other than increased power in some cases.
        There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• ClosetSciFiGeek
          • Oct 2009

Biamping

Biamping separates the mid/highs from the low end by powering the low frequency driver from one channel and the mids and highs from another channel. Typically the Low end driver draws more current(larger voice coil and more Xmax=more current) by seperating this out your amplifier channel driving the mids/highs is freed up to do its job better without this large current draw.
          "You get what you Inspect, not what you Expect"
          -Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• markjrho
            • Sep 2005

Thanks for the explanation, guys. But that only brings another question. Given that my front three speakers have powered subs [250 watts, I believe] how would Bi-amping benefit my set up?

Comment

• numberoneoppa
              • Sep 2009

Thanks for the explanation, guys. But that only brings another question. Given that my front three speakers have powered subs [250 watts, I believe] how would Bi-amping benefit my set up?
              It's not likely, no.
              -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

• markjrho
                • Sep 2005

So does anyone have any personal experience with the Cary? I've never heard it but read all the positive reviews of Cary gear, and the Cinema 7 in particular.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"