X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mingus
    • Nov 2009

$5,000

I have 5000 to spend on audio/video/screen. I have an old projector and a 4:3 screen but I am planning on upgrading, per my preference, to a 2.35:1 screen. I recognize that I don't have enough for the panomorphic lens right now but I at least wanted to get the other items audio/video/screen for 5000. Any suggestions?
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

mingus,

There are plenty of projectors and screens you can get with that budget.

A good resource is www.projectorcentral.com Lots of info and reviews.

As for screens, one of the forum sponsors is Carada. They make very nice screens that are nicely priced.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

I would go with a new Panasonic PT-AE4000 that just came out, which is supposed to be awesome, and a nice screen of your choice. With that budget, you can spend $2k (or less) on the Panny, and then have $3k which is MORE than enough money to buy a SUPER nice screen, even with motorized stuff, masking, perforations if you want them, etc.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"