X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thea-masta
    • Feb 2009

Technics SA-DX950 Heat issues.

Wow! been a long time since i been on !

so i thought id start off with a slightly confusing and worrying problem, I've had my Technics SA-DX950 for about 2 months now, and have realised that the cooling fan doesn't kick in until you really crank it up! So if im listengin to music at low volumes its getting really quite warm in my opinion.

There is about 15cm clear space behind the unit and a good 6 inches above it with a shelf. is it getting good enough ventilation? and whats the issue with the fan?

Thanks, Jon. :T

P.S ANY INFORMATION APPRECIATED!
    Last edited by Thea-masta; 02 November 2009, 20:37 Monday.
    _________
    Jon. opcorn:
  • Thea-masta
    • Feb 2009

bump
    _________
    Jon. opcorn:

Comment

• ClosetSciFiGeek
      • Oct 2009

Fan Operation

It's probably a class AB amplifier which gets pretty hot at moderate levels. The fan may be set to turn on with an electronic device called a thermistor. This device's resistance changes based on temperature and once it gets hot enough it probably fires the circuit to start the fan which then cools the unit and once the thermistor cools enough and resistance goes up it shuts down the fan. Sounds like pretty normal operation, just make sure you don't impede the flow of air to the fan. If you put that receiver inside a cabinet or make it so it can't get cool air it will have issues. I can't imagine its real hot in England right now though. Probably pretty darn cold. Good Luck.
      "You get what you Inspect, not what you Expect"
      -Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"