X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lbstyling
    • Oct 2008

complcated behringer DEQ2496 question??

hey all,
    ok so ive got a 6.1 surround system and a nice stereo system -that are kind of connected together.
    ive got a pioneer surround amp that is processing the surround and also powers the rear center speaker.
    a parasound halo power amp runs the other 5 speakers.
    the sub (soon to be a 18" pro audio jbl) will have a 1200w plate power amp built in.

for 2 channel audio-
    a squeezebox 3 coax out to a cambridge audio dac magic dac, this then gos into the parasound halo's balanced xlr inputs

i flick the switch on the back of the parasound between the dac magic and the processor to change sources obviously.

i want to buy a behringer DEQ2496 to do 2 things-

1 equalise the sub for a flat or 'house curve' responce when playing films.

2-i want to use it with the stereo to equalise the speakers and possibly actively crossover to the sub. i would like to use rew aswell but i dont know if it works with the deq 2496

what ya think??
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The DEQ2496 will provide EQ for 2 channels only, it doesn't have any crossover function.

Room EQ Wizard will not program a DEQ

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• lbstyling
      • Oct 2008

is the DEQ2496 appropriate for use with my sub to extend the low end then? i would like to run the sub with eq but also play with eq'ing the mains to see what i get-and i get the impression both the DEQ2496 and the bfd will do this- i will purchase the crossover at a later date.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"