X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jagstyle
    • May 2006

Help integrating dual subs with Natalie Ps

Current setup: computer sound card optical -> stereo DAC XLR -> QSC RMX 850 -> Natalie Ps

I'm adding a Behringer EP2500 and 2 DIY sealed subs.

I'm trying to figure out how best to integrate the subs with my system. Sound Quality is the most important factor by a long shot and my budget is $300. So far I am considering the following options and would really appreciate some guidance:

1. 50hz filter on the QSC amp with the Natalies and an EQ unit like the Behringer DEQ 2496 with the subs to roll off the highs and adjust the lows to correct room response. ($200)

2. Behringer CX2310 SUPER-X PRO CROSSOVER 2-WAY/3-WAY (248-664) to split the signal between the subs and Natalies ($100)

3. Replace DAC with Panasonic XR57 receiver for crossover function. Additional benefits of volume control and compatibility with future additions of surrounds & center. ($300)

4. 1 & 2 ($300)

Thank you in advance for your help!
    Lovin' my NatP's
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Really shouldn't be an issue since the NatP's play low enough for good flexibility in the choice of XO points.

Use the CX2310 it's a very good sounding XO.

I run an outboard crossover with a multi-channel system and it's no big deal to do so. You set all the speakers to small and turn the sub out to 'off'. Send the L&R pre-outs to the external crossover..

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"